All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Nord Piano Monitor Issues

Postby Lunatic » 15 Jun 2022, 03:58

Hey folks,

Purchased a mint Nord Piano Monitor from Kraft Music and how it's having some issues.

The malfunction auto shutdown function on the main speaker has caused the speaker to shut itself down and now there is no sound from the speaker even the speaker is plugged in. Pretty sure it's in standby mode and that's where the problem from. As soon as I turn the speaker on the light indicator tells the speaker has enter the standby mode and there is no way to shut it down. I manually turned off the auto standby mode switch but it did not work either, it stays in standby mode.

I've reached out to the distributor and planning to take it to a verified location for someone to take a look at it. Also I've been thinking ways to DIY fix it, so folks do you guys have any similar issues or knows what might go wrong on this speaker? Thanks a lot!
Lunatic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Nord Piano Monitor Issues

Sponsor

Re: Nord Piano Monitor Issues

Postby agcohn » 15 Jun 2022, 05:26

The only quirk I've noticed with my Piano Monitors is that they can take some time to wake from sleep. Sometimes I'll need to a hit a key a couple of times over a span of 3-5 seconds or so to get them to wake up, but they have always woken up. However, from what I recall, if I turn the speakers off / on using the power switch on the back, they've always produced sound immediately.
Last edited by agcohn on 15 Jun 2022, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

The author agcohn was thanked by:
Lunatic
agcohn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Re: Nord Piano Monitor Issues

Postby StrangeAeons » 15 Jun 2022, 15:06

My only advice is to avoid tinkering with the speakers: you risk voiding your warranty, it’s absolutely not worth it (especially since it sounds like an electronic issue).

The author StrangeAeons was thanked by:
Lunatic
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Return to Accessories and Amplification