Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Bought My First Nord!

Postby Schorsch » 04 Mar 2022, 16:33

Welcome pianomankd, you made two great choices - buying a NP5 and joining this community :clap:

As for your question about the sample library: NP5 supports the newest Nord sample format version 4 (.nsmp4) but the sample library which allows you to download .nsmp4 samples and use them on the NP5 is not yet available from Nord's webpage. Nord Sound Manager v7.60 and beyond support converting samples from their original .nsmp format into .nsmp4 format when these are loaded on the NP5, so you can at least download .nsmp samples from their Sample Library v2 and also from this forum.

Here's the information about this from the Nord Sound Manager update history:

v7.60 (2021-08-13)
  • Mac OS app is now notarized by Apple
  • Fixed bug where conversion to .nsmp3 format did not work as expected for Nord Wave 2
  • Fixed bug where conversion of multiple .nsmp files could cause application to shut down
  • User created .nsmp files can now be converted to .nsmp4 format for use on Nord Piano 5
  • Added support for Mac OS dark mode
Last edited by Schorsch on 04 Mar 2022, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby pianomankd » 04 Mar 2022, 19:57

Okay thanks - so basically, in the next few months we'll see the official update with version 4 support across all I'm assuming?
pianomankd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby M1tsos » 04 Mar 2022, 20:06

Welcome welcome

You did the right choice.. i started playing piano before 10 months and the motivation was nord.. i wanted to play piano from when i was a child but never had the chance..

Covid and lockdowns gave me this chance of time to spend on studying a bit piano.. and what is better motivation instead of having a nord stage 3 and then a nord grand for study??

I now wait the next nord which i believe would be stage 3 ex
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby StrangeAeons » 05 Mar 2022, 10:44

Schorsch wrote:Welcome pianomankd, you made two great choices - buying a NP5 and joining this community :clap:

As for your question about the sample library: NP5 supports the newest Nord sample format version 4 (.nsmp4) but the sample library which allows you to download .nsmp4 samples and use them on the NP5 is not yet available from Nord's webpage. Nord Sound Manager v7.60 and beyond support converting samples from their original .nsmp format into .nsmp4 format when these are loaded on the NP5, so you can at least download .nsmp samples from their Sample Library v2 and also from this forum.

Here's the information about this from the Nord Sound Manager update history:

v7.60 (2021-08-13)
  • Mac OS app is now notarized by Apple
  • Fixed bug where conversion to .nsmp3 format did not work as expected for Nord Wave 2
  • Fixed bug where conversion of multiple .nsmp files could cause application to shut down
  • User created .nsmp files can now be converted to .nsmp4 format for use on Nord Piano 5
  • Added support for Mac OS dark mode

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that only holds true for user-created samples, as Nord themselves state. That is, you can convert you own sampled sounds, but you can't do the same with samples downloaded from Nord's website: I'm positive some users here tried to convert official samples from the Sample Library 2 or 3 into the new format, to no avail.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Postby Schorsch » 05 Mar 2022, 11:25

I don’t think so because user created .nsmp files share the same sample format like the ones from Nord themselves. However you might be correct in case that the samples hold a specific marker which identifies them as either being Nord original or user created, that’s what I don’t know. Maybe someone who owns a NP5 can try to load a sample from Nords sample library 2 to the NP5 wo verify this
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby pianomankd » 07 Mar 2022, 01:02

I'm just absolutely over the moon with my purchase. The thing is so inspiring. All the room effects you can do for the piano sound. Put on a pair of headphones and wow.

I'll never go back to anything else keyboard wise. I'm probably going to sell my Yamaha upright electric piano too, as I can't ever see myself using that thing again.

Thanks for your help everyone!!! Time to shop for a case now!
pianomankd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby M1tsos » 07 Mar 2022, 02:21

pianomankd wrote:I'm just absolutely over the moon with my purchase. The thing is so inspiring. All the room effects you can do for the piano sound. Put on a pair of headphones and wow.

I'll never go back to anything else keyboard wise. I'm probably going to sell my Yamaha upright electric piano too, as I can't ever see myself using that thing again.

Thanks for your help everyone!!! Time to shop for a case now!

I know the feeling i am proudly owner of nord stage 3 and nord grand..

And i just started 10 months ago to play piano..

I will recommend you to buy nord soft case for your np5.

I also bought for my stage 3..

I just struggle on which case i should buy for nord grand.. and no one gave me serius answer on my topic or a review of the nord grand soft case…
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby cphollis » 07 Mar 2022, 02:38

pianomankd wrote:
I'll never go back to anything else keyboard wise.

That is, until you start to appreciate what a Stage can do for you :)
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby Winds » 02 Jun 2022, 16:45

Have fun with your new toy!
Winds

Location: that somewhat lesser known country on Borneo Island near to Singapore

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum