General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

DSP Error Piano Boot - on Nord Stage 3

Postby Altered_Annie » 30 May 2022, 13:10

Hello! :keyboard2:
I have my Nord Stage 3 piano for 2 and a half years now, and through the time there were no problems, until today :')
I turned my piano on, and on the display I got message: "DSP Error Piano Boot".
Does anyone had this kind of problem? Is there anything I can do at home, or do I have to go to the service?

Before this turning on I had a concert, but nothing apart regular playing happened that night with the piano. No falls, no power failure, no flooding.
Attachments
pianoboot.jpg
pianoboot.jpg (8.67 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Last edited by Altered_Annie on 30 May 2022, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Altered_Annie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

DSP Error Piano Boot - on Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: DSP Error Piano Boot - on Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 30 May 2022, 13:18

Hi,

this looks like a hardware problem - I assume you have tried to power off the Nord for some time (remove the power cord) and then tried again?

You may also try to re-install the latest OS version to see if it helps, eventually using this special method:

In the rare cases where the operating system in the Nord instrument have become damaged and the unit does not start properly, the Update
Utility will be unable connect to the unit. If this is the case, start up the Nord while simultaneously holding down the Shift and Store buttons
on the panel.
This will start the unit in the Update mode, which makes it possible for the Update Utility to access and update the operating
system in a Nord that does not start properly.

It this does not help you would have to bring it to the Nord service in your country I'm afraid :(
Last edited by Schorsch on 30 May 2022, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
Altered_Annie
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: DSP Error Piano Boot - on Nord Stage 3

Postby Altered_Annie » 30 May 2022, 13:35

Schorsch wrote:Hi,

this looks like a hardware problem - I assume you have tried to power off the Nord for some time (remove the power cord) and then tried again?

You may also try to re-install the latest OS version to see if it helps, eventually using this special method:

In the rare cases where the operating system in the Nord instrument have become damaged and the unit does not start properly, the Update
Utility will be unable connect to the unit. If this is the case, start up the Nord while simultaneously holding down the Shift and Store buttons
on the panel.
This will start the unit in the Update mode, which makes it possible for the Update Utility to access and update the operating
system in a Nord that does not start properly.

It this does not help you would have to bring it to the Nord service in your country I'm afraid :(

Yeah I tried to power off for some time, but nothing happened. An now I tried also this method with Shift and Store buttons, but after pressing them the display turns off (even if the power in on).
Anyway thank you for answer!
Altered_Annie

Return to Nord Stage Forum