All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

questions about rotor pedals/switches

Postby playsabadguitar » 28 May 2022, 20:42

I have a nord electro 6d. But I imagine this is the same for any nord with an organ.

Can the nord do anything besides stop, slow and fast? Can you control the speed of the rotary with a certian pedal?

What is STOP mode?

Why is the half-moon switch 250 dollars if all it does is give you a switch for something you can do with a button?
Nord Electro 6D-->Soundcraft 12fx mixing board-->QSC 12.2 powered speaker
playsabadguitar

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

questions about rotor pedals/switches

Sponsor

Re: questions about rotor pedals/switches

Postby FZiegler » 29 May 2022, 00:38

In Europe, you'll get the Nord Half Moon switch for around 150 EUR. Which is maybe because of a small series of handcrafted gear. And is pretty much enough. No idea why it's 100 EUR more over the Atlantic ocean.

After all, it's an additional controller anyway, and I assume it's much more sturdy. Get it if you switch rotary tempo more than 5 times in a piece of music. You might prevent a support issue for the button. Or use a much less expensive foot switch (only 2 positions: slow/fast).
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
playsabadguitar
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby taxman » 29 May 2022, 11:42

Edit
Last edited by taxman on 29 May 2022, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
taxman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby taxman » 29 May 2022, 11:45

There athere are various diy solutions for this. I spent about 30 euros on my halfmoon switch. For the footswitch I spent about 13 Euros.
Last edited by taxman on 29 May 2022, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
taxman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby Tasten-Bert » 29 May 2022, 15:54

playsabadguitar wrote:
What is STOP mode?

In STOP mode the button switches between stop (no rotation at all) and fast whereas in normal mode it switches between slow and fast rotation.

And why is the half-moon that expensive? If you look at it from the point that the half-moon is an optical reminiscence to an original Hammond accessory and that there seem to be people who pay much for all what looks like the idol then nord seems to be in the position they can ask high prices for these gimmicks. I don‘t use it, but mainly because it doesn‘t fit in the bag easily.

Cheers from Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20

The author Tasten-Bert was thanked by:
playsabadguitar
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby StrangeAeons » 30 May 2022, 11:02

Without a half-moon switch, you can only switch bewteen slow and fast using a standard keyboard footswitch. Nobody can fathom why Nord's half-moon switch's so expensive, especially since a much smaller company like Crumar sells theirs for "just" 70€! Taxman is right, you can build your own spending less than 30$. Buy a three-way guitar switch, a short three-pole (this is crucial, otherwise you'll miss one of the three positions) jack cable and repurpose a small box you've got laying around. It's pretty easy even if you're not that skilled with your hands, since you only have to strip the cable, connect it to the guitar switch, throw a bit of electrical tape in there and pack everything tight. Use velcro to make it stick. This is mine by the way:
Attachments
half-moon switch.jpg
half-moon switch.jpg (4.03 MiB) Viewed 1009 times
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Return to Accessories and Amplification