Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 6 , please recommend Tutorials for beginne

Postby maxpiano » 28 May 2022, 05:43

Elias wrote:
maxpiano wrote:NE7

I know it's friday but this is not the right thread :lol:

Whooops... fixed! :mrgreen:
Last edited by maxpiano on 28 May 2022, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby emme1 » 29 May 2022, 22:25

DJKeys wrote:Hi-

I think learning how to play a keyboard is very different than learning to operate a specific keyboard. It is unclear exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are learning how to play the keyboard, I would suggest selecting a piano sound and practice scales or exercises. If you want to learn to operate the E6, I suggest you hire one of the knowledgeable E6 owners on here to give you personal remote instruction.

-dj

agreed , i would never ask for a tutorial on how to play organ , or piano , or .... . that is taken care of , sorry for not being more clear about that .
but I did have an expectation that there would be more then just a manual to learn how to operate the electro 6 . ok there are the tutorial shorts from nord but they are not very comprehensive . if there would be more of those that would be great . apparently there was some need for them just not to the xtend i would wish . but there is no sense in barking up the wrong tree , if it doesn't exist i will learn how to operate the electro 6 my own way .
emme1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby emme1 » 29 May 2022, 22:51

FZiegler wrote:
emme1 wrote:
FZiegler wrote:... you could actually argue that that means I don't know my instrument ...

This is absolutely not the point. This will usually be the case for any new owner.

I see it as a challenge, though, if you have to learn to play the keys, learn to understand all those concepts of the last 60 years that are emulated on the Electro (organ with rotary speaker, e-piano with sound effects, electrical amplification with EQ and reverb plus digital sample technology for the rest). Some basic knowledge in all those topics will suffice for a good start, fortunately.

I don't think that you'll find a written or video summary for all together - MyKeysToMusic being the closest I know of. I'd suggest the same as DJKeys: look for an online teacher or something like that ...depending on your time and money you want to invest. I wouldn't want to start from scratch without any external help.

it certainly is a challenge , just deciding to buy the electro was a challenge as a beginner . and many would say that it is overkill .

i like your MyKeysToMusic offering from what i can tell . i watched some of your other free videos and they helped me greatly to decide between an electro and the stage 3 . you are very clear and methodical which i appreciate . must be that German mind . i also grew up in the southwest of Germany , Lahr , a small town between Offenburg and Freiburg .

i might just have to sign up for your course ......
emme1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby FZiegler » 29 May 2022, 23:50

Just to clarify: I'm not related to MyKeysToMusic - this is from Mark, a rather rare forum user. Nevertheless, I think his stuff is quite useful for beginners. Even if he isn't German as far as I know. ;)

You will be able to use your Electro 6 with rather little knowledge about historic and technical background. But I think you'll get at ease with all the buttons and knobs if you find out how one or another feature has been used by others before you and me. Just dig into rock, funk, jazz etc.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum