General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Copy from Live Mode to Program?

Postby bitflipper » 18 May 2022, 01:48

OK, I've only had my NS3 for a couple weeks, so forgive the noob question...

I'm in Live Mode and I come up with a nice-sounding patch. How do I copy/paste that into a Program location?
bitflipper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Copy from Live Mode to Program?

Sponsor

Re: Copy from Live Mode to Program?

Postby bitflipper » 18 May 2022, 03:05

Ah, never mind. I didn't understand that you have to copy the A and B panels individually.
bitflipper

Postby maxpiano » 18 May 2022, 04:04

Actually not, when you are on a Live buffer and want to save it to a Program, as a whole, you just need to do a "Store As", enter the name for it and then select the target Program location (just as you do when you "Store as" on any Program)
Last edited by maxpiano on 18 May 2022, 11:36, edited 3 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
cookie
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Swampfox » 18 May 2022, 16:35

bitflipper wrote:Ah, never mind. I didn't understand that you have to copy the A and B panels individually.

Whenever you "Save" or "Save As" you save the entirety of the current settings on the KB, that includes A and B on all the sound engines, as well as the effects and Extern module settings.
Swampfox
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby FZiegler » 18 May 2022, 17:34

Well, I wouldn't express it that way - might be misunderstandable. I'd say: Whenever you "Save" or "Save As" a program (not a song), you'll save all panel A + B settings (all settings of the three sound engines, the extern section, the effects, EQ and reverb), just not the global settings in the menus. There are settings in the menu, though, which can be global as well as "per program" - depending on your choice.

But indeed, you can copy/paste single panels ([copy] + panel button) as well as entire programs ([copy] + program 1..5 button). You can even copy a morph. Cf. p. 28 in the manual. Which is worth reading from A to Z.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby Swampfox » 18 May 2022, 17:57

FZiegler wrote:Well, I wouldn't express it that way - might be misunderstandable. I'd say: Whenever you "Save" or "Save As" a program (not a song), you'll save all panel A + B settings (all settings of the three sound engines, the extern section, the effects, EQ and reverb), just not the global settings in the menus. There are settings in the menu, though, which can be global as well as "per program" - depending on your choice.

But indeed, you can copy/paste single panels ([copy] + panel button) as well as entire programs ([copy] + program 1..5 button). You can even copy a morph. Cf. p. 28 in the manual. Which is worth reading from A to Z.

Yes, that's more accurate. Global settings are 'preserved' rather than saved. Probably beyond the OPs concern, the "per program" midi settings buried deep in the menu settings are also saved when saving programs. Good point about the copy functions, they are easy to overlook.
Swampfox
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby bitflipper » 21 May 2022, 19:06

Thanks for the information, guys. Unfortunately, I am now more confused than before.

I understand Save/Save As when editing a program. I know how to save a program that's been altered while in Song Mode. My question concerns Live Mode.

I'm in Live Mode and I've built a program from scratch and now I want to save it as a Program. Pressing Save or Save As only lets me save it into another Live slot. The only way I've found to save it as a Program is to use Copy/Paste, copying A and B panels separately. I was hoping there was an easier method, since I'm experimenting mostly in Live Mode. Why Live mode? Because before I take the NS3 out on a paying gig I want to first use it at some informal jam sessions in order to get used to tweaking it on the fly. That's what Live Mode is for, right?
bitflipper

Postby maxpiano » 21 May 2022, 19:37

bitflipper wrote:I'm in Live Mode and I've built a program from scratch and now I want to save it as a Program. Pressing Save or Save As only lets me save it into another Live slot.

Absolutely not, but of course to save a Live buffer to a Program, during the Save As you need first of all to select a Program bank and then a Location , not just press one of the location buttons.

Live Mode can be used in many ways, in general it is a "whiteboard" where you can play with settings and do not bother to save them when you find a sweet spot and/or you and to stop tweaking and continue form where you started.
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 May 2022, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby DJKeys » 21 May 2022, 21:52

1. Edit your live preset
2. Press Shift>Store
3. Name the patch
4. Press Store again
5. Press the Live Mode button to deactivate it
6. Select a program location
7. Press Store again.

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 21 May 2022, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by 3 members, including:
NordBangermaxpianoSwampfox
DJKeys