Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

NL3: how to get rid of the Slots MIDI in channel setting ?

Postby mminarik » 20 May 2022, 18:55

I know this will be some stupid little thing, but please help me I am going nuts here ...

I have a setup with one MIDI controller keyboard and a multiple external HW synths - NL3 being one of them. Naturally I am trying to set it up to receive only on one MIDI channel (say it channel 7). So I setup the Global MIDI channel to 7. Ok, but when I play the MIDI keyboard on channel 1, 2, 3 or 4 I still hear the NL3 playing because apparently that is what the preset MIDI channel settings are for the fours slots. So I go and set the MIDI channel for each slot to "off" and then I do the System Store. Well great - everything is fine, NL3 sounds only if I play on MIDI channel 7. BUT, as soon as I change the Program or Performance (locally or remotely on the MIDI keyboard) to a different one I hear notes again when playing on MIDI channels 1,2,3 and 4 (and 7 of course) as apparently the 1-4 channels are hardcoded for each Program or Performance. :sad: What is the proper way to set this so that I could change the Programs/Performances freely and the MIDI in channel stays only 7 ? Many thanks!
mminarik

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

NL3: how to get rid of the Slots MIDI in channel setting ?

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum