Nord Lead 3 DSP's

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
Vikink

Nord Lead 3 DSP's

Post by Vikink »

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to know if the XCB56362PV120 DSP'S are factory programmed or can be replaced by a blank one, I have a NL3 with one death, and trying to repair it, not tossing in the recycle bin! :P

Another question: does anybody has a boot rom image file because mine has 0.18 and it has no diagnostics on it.

Thanks in advance! :thanks: :thanks:
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Lead 3 DSP's

Post by maxpiano »

Hi and welcome! :-)

I am not 100% sure (only a Nord technician could) but looking at NL3 board pictures (see post15265.html) and considering standard designs of this type of systems, it is possible that the DSP programs are loaded into them by the microcontroller (MCU) at boot time, in that case a simple HW replacement should be theoretically possible but... why don't you ask to official Nord assistance in Spain about that or, if you really want to DIY, are you sure you can still find those (discontinued) DSPs in the market?
Last edited by maxpiano on 17 May 2022, 12:03, edited 5 times in total.
Vikink

Re: Nord Lead 3 DSP's

Post by Vikink »

I've found the DSP replacements, not so hard in china market, but they aren't cheap and a QPF144 replacement involves some very steady hand! not to mention 6 of them (if one failed, on this old felow, the others might be in danger too).
Tried to contact official Nord assistance, but nothing came out of them.
I repair vintage synths for a living, I'm electronics engineer, and, obviously, mine has to have the worst trouble !!
Last edited by Vikink on 17 May 2022, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.