Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Samples stopped working

Postby ttango » 17 Apr 2022, 01:53

I built a simple that plays on 5 keys C1-G1, unpitched, loaded them on the keyboard (Electro 5d) about 5 days ago and it worked like a charm. Now 4 days later and they make no sound.
When I connect keyboard to sample editor, the note pressed brings up the right sample in the editor but doesn't play on the keyboard or the editor, when I press the key. I have reloaded to no luck. The format is default NSPM 2. When I play the sample in the editor it plays fine. I have looked at everything and I am stuck.

A side note. I have loaded samples in the editor that wouldn't play and I have had to reload sample editor to get it to work, so I wonder about that

I'm using editor 4.1.4

thanks
Nord Electro 5d 73. Mainstage 3. Logic Pro X. Arturia V collection. 2017 epiphone les Paul. Fender Hotrod Deluxe II. Behringer DeepMind 6. Behringer D 50 synth, Korg Minilogue
ttango

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Samples stopped working

Sponsor

Re: Samples stopped working

Postby WannitBBBad » 17 Apr 2022, 14:53

Question - are other samples playing OK without the NSE4 hooked up? I would suggest loading the latest OS 2.02 if you have not. If the notes are unpitched, are all notes below C1 playing the C1 sample and all notes above G1 playing the G1 sample, or did you load a small, silent WAV for the other keys? If the latter, you may need to do an octave shift to find the sampled notes. Can you add more on the side note "I have loaded samples in the editor that wouldn't play and I have had to reload sample editor to get it to work, so I wonder about that"?
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
ttango
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby ttango » 04 May 2022, 22:22

thanks for the reply
Yes other samples are playing. I loaded two additional samples many months back and they still play fine. Just checked. On the preset that isn't working
I loaded the 6 samples from F1, G1, A1, B1, C1. They are unpitched and I loaded nothing else anywhere, no silence for example. I always use F1 to something. When I first created the sample and it didn't work, I realized that I loaded the samples in F0. I redid the samples to F1 and uploaded to the nord and they worked. (for a while)

So I deleted the preset from the nord and reloaded it. In the sound manager the preset never showed up in the screen. I looked at my nord and it showed up on the screen, and worked. I refreshed sound manager and the space that it was taking had a blank name. From the Nord I selected write to save the program and then it updated sound manager with the name. It placed the preset in the same space that I had deleted it from, so interesting there. weird happenings

I shut down my Electro, restarted it and pressed F1, and it said synchroninzing. and it works. weird happenings two

I'm thinking that there might be a bug. I suspect that the synchro didn't happen last time.
Oh, lastly I did not load OS 2.02. I didn't realize there is a new OS but I will do that today.
thanks
Nord Electro 5d 73. Mainstage 3. Logic Pro X. Arturia V collection. 2017 epiphone les Paul. Fender Hotrod Deluxe II. Behringer DeepMind 6. Behringer D 50 synth, Korg Minilogue
ttango

Postby ttango » 15 May 2022, 01:33

Here is the latest. The new samples only work if I'm connected to my Mac and it syncs when turning on the keyboard. When I take my keys to band practice elsewhere they don't work
Last edited by ttango on 15 May 2022, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
ttango

Postby WannitBBBad » 15 May 2022, 01:42

Please post the samples and related programs you are having a problem with, it would be helpful to check. Are you playing the samples using the Nord Sample Editor or using your keyboard when connected to your Mac? Thanks
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)