This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Splits with 2 synth sounds on Nord 6

Postby Noriko » 11 May 2022, 15:39

Hi,
I want to create a split with Horns and Strings, both are in the Synth panel. I know how to split using the 2 different panels - like Piano and Strings (Synth) and/or Organ and Piano. my question here is if I can setup Horns on the lower keys and Strings on the upper key.
I googled and found that it is possible on Nord 3, but I cannot find the "Panel" function key on Nord 6.
Can somebody help me...?
Thank you!
Noriko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Splits with 2 synth sounds on Nord 6

Sponsor

Re: Splits with 2 synth sounds on Nord 6

Postby ericL » 11 May 2022, 15:45

This isn't possible on the NE6, unless you create a single .nsmp file that has the sounds mapped into the sample itself. The Nord Stage 2/3 has multiple panels and can do this using two different synth panels.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by:
Noriko
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Noriko » 11 May 2022, 16:12

Thank you ericL. I'm trying not to carry 2 keybords to the gig, but seems like I have to. Thanks again.
Noriko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby analogika » 11 May 2022, 16:36

Noriko wrote:Thank you ericL. I'm trying not to carry 2 keybords to the gig, but seems like I have to. Thanks again.

Well, you *can* create a dual sample with the Nord sample editor.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 11 May 2022, 16:42

To possibly add some clarity, in Nord terminology, what you're calling the "synth panel" is the "synth section." There are no separate panels on the Electro. On the Stage 3, a complete set of sections is what Nord calls a Panel. The Stage has two panels, each has piano, organ, and synth sections. Looked at this way, the Electro only has its one panel.

As analogika says, with some effort, you can create your own single sample that includes a split sound, but be aware that there are limitations, like you won't be able to use a pedal or effect on one of the two sounds without it affecting both of them. If you want to take this approach, I suggest creating your dual sample such that one sound is panned hard left and the other is panned hard right, so then, if you use an external mixer, you at least still have separate volume control over the two sounds, which you won't have otherwise. But even then, you're dealing with other limitations, including the fact that the sounds have to be mono, and it will get still more complicated to keep the sounds in balance if, in addition to playing this one split sound, you are splitting or layering that sound combination with some other Electro sound (i.e. a piano or organ).
anotherscott

Return to General Nord Forum