Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Typical Moog with glissando in NP2

Postby rafaleslie » 03 May 2022, 21:28

Excuse my level of English, I'm from Spain. Is it possible to create a sound sample of a monophonic synthesizer of a single oscillator with glide, portamento or glissando effect compatible with my Nord Piano 2, that is, with the .nsmp extension? Excuse my little knowledge about the world of the sampler. Thank you and greetings.
rafaleslie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Typical Moog with glissando in NP2

Sponsor

Re: Typical Moog with glissando in NP2

Postby Elias » 04 May 2022, 00:14

No. There is no option for proper portamento. If you only need a single gliding effect, like one rising note, you can have that in a single sample.

PS. Your English is almost flawless here.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.

The author Elias was thanked by:
rafaleslie
Elias

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Typical Moog with glissando in NP2

Postby WannitBBBad » 04 May 2022, 14:36

As noted by Elias, you could have every note glide up or every note glide down, but they would be fixed glides for every note and not sound like a true synth portamento that glides from the last note played to the next note played, differing if the change is only a semitone versus an octave for example. Depending on the effect you desire, it could still fill a void you can't cover otherwise with a Piano. A NSMP sample could be set up with the lower split set for gliding down a semitone, and the upper split set for gliding up a semitone.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
rafaleslie
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)