Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Split

Postby SOM Pianoman » 29 Apr 2022, 16:10

Hi out there. Any help on this will be much appreciated. I’m playing Gold On The Ceiling and it sounds best two octaves apart. I’d like to do it with one hand. Does anyone know if the Nord 6 can be set to play two octaves with one hand?
SOM Pianoman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Split

Sponsor

Re: Split

Postby maxpiano » 29 Apr 2022, 18:57

Hi, no you cannot play the same sound/section on 2 "layered" octaves on the NE6

But I think that for Gold On The Ceiling you may not need that, I mean it is the (Organ or Synth?) sound of the riff that maybe has that "octaved" sound by itself so I'd suggest you to focus on how to get that sound (or similar) right, to me it sounds like a Vox or Farf organ with some added distortion (but I may be wrong)

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
SOM PianomanElias
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Split

Postby SOM Pianoman » 30 Apr 2022, 13:30

Thank you. If I knew where the thank you button was, I’d do so. I’m playing it two octaves apart with both hands. I can do it, but if i could split it and play with one hand, I’d be less likely to make mistakes. Btw, I think the Black Keys intentionally arranged that song a little sloppy, edgy like. So, if I do mess it up, it’ll make it sound authentic. :?:
SOM Pianoman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum