Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord electro 6D help!

Postby Dan12 » 20 Apr 2022, 15:16

Hi, I’m just wondering is it possible to split two sounds then for example layer over one of them? For example in Rosanna there is a piano and organ layered while also having horns a few octaves up?
Dan12

Nord electro 6D help!

Sponsor

Re: Nord electro 6D help!

Postby Rusty Mike » 20 Apr 2022, 15:58

The E6 can have up to three active sounds, one from each engine: piano, organ and sample synth.

You can elect to split the keyboard at one of the split points, then select which engine is active in which half of the split. You can then control the volume and octaves for each of the sounds to achieve your desire balance. You can also assign which engines respond to your sustain and control pedals.

Be aware, however, that the effects are assigned exclusively; they cannot be shared between engines. In other words, the EQ will only apply to one of the three active engines and not the other two. The exception to this is the reverb, which is global.

I hope this helps. More details are explained in the owner's manual.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Dan12 » 20 Apr 2022, 16:38

Ah okay thanks for thé reply. What I’m wondering is if I can split and sound then also layer over it?
Dan12

Postby maxpiano » 20 Apr 2022, 16:51

Dan12 wrote:Ah okay thanks for thé reply. What I’m wondering is if I can split and sound then also layer over it?

Yes as long as you use each section only once (so you cannot have 2 pianos or 2 synths) and... please, read the NE6 manual, it's your friend (EDIT: also or even more before you buy it, if you just want to evaluate what it can/cannot do)
Last edited by maxpiano on 20 Apr 2022, 17:33, edited 3 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Rusty Mike » 20 Apr 2022, 16:52

Yes you can. Sorry if my answer was unclear.

As an example, you can set the keyboard to split, then put the piano on the lower part and a sample synth on the upper. You can then take the organ engine and put it on the lower part along with the piano. So the organ and piano are layered in the lower part and the synth is by itself on the upper part.

Another example is to split the keyboard, assign the piano to lower and the organ to upper. You can then assign the synth to both upper AND lower, effectively layering the synth over both parts. This is a lot more flexible compared to previous Electro models.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Tasten-Bert » 20 Apr 2022, 16:53

Dan12 wrote:Hi, I’m just wondering is it possible to split two sounds then for example layer over one of them? For example in Rosanna there is a piano and organ layered while also having horns a few octaves up?

Not sure if you‘ll get satisfying results with an electro 6 only. I play Rosanna with piano and organ on my NE5 but use my korg for brass and the synth solo as it needs pitch bending.

Experienced NE6 users may know more.

Cheers from Germany
Last edited by Tasten-Bert on 20 Apr 2022, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Tasten-Bert » 20 Apr 2022, 16:56

Rusty Mike wrote:Yes you can. Sorry if my answer was unclear.

As an example, you can set the keyboard to split, then put the piano on the lower part and a sample synth on the upper. You can then take the organ engine and put it on the lower part along with the piano. So the organ and piano are layered in the lower part and the synth is by itself on the upper part…

You can do so, but then all notes you play in that section play organ and piano. No way to have chords with only organ and the piano lick as a seperate sound.

Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Dan12 » 20 Apr 2022, 17:10

Ah okay thanks for all the replies! I think a separate keyboard would be the right way to go! That’s exactly the answer I was looking for though!
Dan12

Return to Nord Electro Forum