Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

trippy/meditative video, Piano-heavy EP made with my Nord

Postby mpgarate » 28 Mar 2022, 01:28

Hi Nord friends, I just released an EP that I performed on my Nord Stage 3 88. I ended up actually not using the Nord piano samples for this one because I wanted pedal samples and didnt yet own the triple pedal. I just got one though so next time around I may go with Lady D or Mellow Upright. We'll see!

The EP is available on Spotify and other streaming apps. I also wrote up an artist statement here:

https://mpgarate.com/2022/03/17/introdu ... ck-ep.html

Here's the promised trippy fractal video for "Jade"

Watch on youtube.com

Enjoy and happy playing.

The author mpgarate was thanked by 4 members, including:
kirstyEliastetraJayDee
mpgarate

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

trippy/meditative video, Piano-heavy EP made with my Nord

Sponsor

Re: trippy/meditative video, Piano-heavy EP made with my Nor

Postby JayDee » 28 Mar 2022, 06:33

That put me in a peaceful place...and condolences on the passing of your faithful dog. My 15 year old cat isn't like family, she is family.
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Marlowes » 28 Mar 2022, 11:50

Really beautiful! :D
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby mpgarate » 28 Mar 2022, 21:29

JayDee wrote:That put me in a peaceful place...and condolences on the passing of your faithful dog. My 15 year old cat isn't like family, she is family.

So true. She was my first dog and has totally changed the way I think about pets and animal/human bonds. Truly a part of the family.

Marlowes wrote:Really beautiful! :D

Thank you <3
mpgarate

Postby tetra » 29 Mar 2022, 03:52

This is a great track. Thank you for posting it. I’ve listened to the EP on Spotify a couple of times today while working and now again through supper. I’m a software dev, so perhaps there is some affinity that way. Or it’s just good music! Probably that. This track (Jade) does seem the standout, but I also quite liked Moss and Slime. … Interesting names.

And condolences on your dog. That is really tough. Our beloved little Australian Shepherd of 13+ years reached her end of life just two months ago, and I still feel that pain. So I can share in that sorrow.
tetra

Postby mpgarate » 11 Apr 2022, 17:31

tetra wrote:This is a great track. Thank you for posting it. I’ve listened to the EP on Spotify a couple of times today while working and now again through supper. I’m a software dev, so perhaps there is some affinity that way. Or it’s just good music! Probably that. This track (Jade) does seem the standout, but I also quite liked Moss and Slime. … Interesting names.

And condolences on your dog. That is really tough. Our beloved little Australian Shepherd of 13+ years reached her end of life just two months ago, and I still feel that pain. So I can share in that sorrow.

Sorry to hear about your Shepherd. It's really tough. And thank you for listening!

The author mpgarate was thanked by:
tetra
mpgarate

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig