Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

I Love White Grand

Postby M1tsos » 08 Mar 2022, 04:54

Watch on youtube.com

I started playing piano before 10 months

The only thing i knew before i start playing piano was which note is every key on the piano

I did 6 lessons and i watched some youtube videos..

Ofc i am proffesional bouzouki player and singer in my country which helps extremely a lot

What do you think of the results for the moment??

Any proffesional pianist advice will appreciated much

Thanks in advance

The author M1tsos was thanked by:
Schorsch
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

I Love White Grand

Sponsor

Re: I Love White Grand

Postby JayDee » 20 Mar 2022, 16:26

Sounds excellent to me Mitsos, but you asked for professional advice, so that rules me out. Seldom am I hired for my keyboard skills. I have fooled a couple local bands into hiring me for my guitar skills, but that's another topic. Bouzouki intrigue's me, I have dabbled with American 5 string banjo and Mandolin. I like the sound of the White Grand. You are an excellent singer, I wish I had your voice. Of course, it would confuse my band mates if I started singing in Greek.... Good job Mitsos.
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby cphollis » 20 Mar 2022, 22:39

You seem like you have enough music DNA that you can simply learn by doing. A few lessons on technique would not hurt, but really aren't necessary to enjoy the instrument. The White Grand (and just about anything on a Nord) sounds great, even with very simple and sparse music. The tone quality is good enough that you can sound long tones, and they sound good with resonance, reverb, etc. From there, maybe try learning different scales in different keys, then different chord positions, then tying them together in various ways -- and it all sort of flows from there. Or just try to play things that sound good to you.

The only time I have sought out instruction (formal or informal) is when I've encountered something I didn't know how to do, and I wanted to do it. You can learn a lot from Youtube, by the way.

EDIT: there are many people on this forum who would qualify as "professional" pianists, and I am not one of them. I just love to play, and have become really good at it.
Last edited by cphollis on 20 Mar 2022, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby Elias » 24 Mar 2022, 01:37

I'm no phenomenal instrumentalist, but my somewhat trained musical ear would have one remark:

Pay a lot of attention to voicing (or inversions). I dont know much about bouzouki, but there is one major shift in thinking that might help you. Bouzouki and the human voice are very unrestricted intonation-wise. As in: you can tune or bend strings differently to get different colours, or just sing a bit higher or lower. With piano and other instruments (especially if you stick with TET), the tuning is kept precisely as it is, and different inversions will not only determine register and note density, but also how "out of tune" notes are against each other. Take C major for example. Play it in 1st inversion, with an added C one octave lower, and you get a very static, maybe uneasy sound. Then play another inversion: C2, G2, E3. It is not only more spread out, but i feel like the intonation is nicer as it is.

EDIT: this example is my subjective experience. Do what you want with it. I'll keep playing my spread out voicings.
Last edited by Elias on 24 Mar 2022, 01:41, edited 3 times in total.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
Elias

Postby M1tsos » 07 Apr 2022, 10:45

Thanks a lot all of you for your kind words and advice tips.. i take lessons from a real pro pianist..but i do 1 or 2 lessons per month
Last edited by M1tsos on 07 Apr 2022, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig