Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord Electro 2 Rack 230v to 115v conversion info requested

Postby michael_C1 » 18 Mar 2022, 22:41

I didn't want to waste anyone's time so I searched everything I could find on this topic before posting.

Today, I just received an Electro 2 Rack unit from Guitar Center, purchased for a different purpose than my Electro 5D73, which is great. The shipment came in two boxes (?), a lighter one containing the Electro Rack unit, and a heavier one, with a honking big 10 pound voltage converter. Yup, Guitar Center strikes again. Unbeknownst to me this was a 230 volt European unit.

So, my first question is: would I need to solder connections like some early Nord's, or is there a switch inside the unit, as I expect, to change the voltage from 230v to 115v?

Any help would be appreciated about this and other stuff: like the necessary fuse and it's size, if a different fuse holder is needed, and especially how to open the unit up safely etc. I've opened up and serviced some basic problems with my other Electro's before, so I'm ok unless it requires soldering.

IMO, the early Nord's are still pretty cool.
michael_C1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Nord Electro 2 Rack 230v to 115v conversion info requested

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro 2 Rack 230v to 115v conversion info request

Postby hanolkim » 21 Mar 2022, 17:44

there must be a selection switch inside the unit as it's all the same unit basically.
Did you open it already maybe?

About fuse, you should read the service manual maybe... I haven't changed it yet so..

http://www.workhousepoets.com/NE2%20Ser ... matics.pdf
Last edited by hanolkim on 21 Mar 2022, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
hanolkim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Electro Forum