Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Case For Nord Grand??

Postby M1tsos » 25 Feb 2022, 18:15

FZiegler wrote:The greek distributor of those cases is Philippos Nakas (tel: +0030-210-6686214); there is no website mentioned.

Yeah nakas is the biggest supplier and distributor for many brands like nord yamaha and others

Www.nakas.gr is his online shop site
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby SteveNordP3 » 08 Mar 2022, 01:43

M1tsos - I saw in another thread you felt like you needed more answers to your case question. I’m not sure if this helps as it seems you’re thinking of the Nord Grand softcase as a last option - but for me, it works fine. I am not moving my Grand on a daily basis but when I have, I put the music stand, pedals, cables, and even a stereo direct box in the bag and don’t find it a burden to carry. It IS definitely bulkier than the Nord Piano 3 and it’s Nord bag (obviously) but the weight isn’t that much different (at least not noticeably to me). I especially love the thoughtful hand-grab on the back of the bag which makes wheeling it around easy and precise.

It’s expensive - as is the Nord line - and I’m not sure exactly what your decision criteria is - but for me it was about strong protection, relatively easy to load and transport, and ability to carry a few essentials in the same bag. It fit all my needs and I would buy it again. Hope that’s helpful!

The author SteveNordP3 was thanked by:
M1tsos
SteveNordP3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby M1tsos » 09 Mar 2022, 21:02

SteveNordP3 wrote:M1tsos - I saw in another thread you felt like you needed more answers to your case question. I’m not sure if this helps as it seems you’re thinking of the Nord Grand softcase as a last option - but for me, it works fine. I am not moving my Grand on a daily basis but when I have, I put the music stand, pedals, cables, and even a stereo direct box in the bag and don’t find it a burden to carry. It IS definitely bulkier than the Nord Piano 3 and it’s Nord bag (obviously) but the weight isn’t that much different (at least not noticeably to me). I especially love the thoughtful hand-grab on the back of the bag which makes wheeling it around easy and precise.

It’s expensive - as is the Nord line - and I’m not sure exactly what your decision criteria is - but for me it was about strong protection, relatively easy to load and transport, and ability to carry a few essentials in the same bag. It fit all my needs and I would buy it again. Hope that’s helpful!

Thats some answer i was looking for … i really really much appriciate and thank you for it

My buying criteria isnt the price. i dont mind paying a bit more.. i just care to be the safest and lightest solution..

It seems after long searching that i will go for nord grand soft case… only if someone else show some other better solution

What is the final weight of the case with the instrument and everything inside di box cables pedal etc??? I mean if it is 11kg the case and 21 the instrument plus triple pedal 2 kg music stand 1kg?? Cables and di box for sure 1 or 2 kg more then the final result should be around 37 kg ??

And what is exact weight of the case alone? Is it really 11kg as everyone said??
Last edited by M1tsos on 09 Mar 2022, 23:10, edited 4 times in total.
M1tsos

Postby SteveNordP3 » 10 Mar 2022, 02:36

I never weighed it fully loaded or even empty. Hard for me to believe the empty case is over 22 pounds/11 kilos - that would be almost half the weight of the Piano. That doesn’t make sense to me. I found it manageable but I don’t have specific numbers for you. Good luck!!!
SteveNordP3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby M1tsos » 10 Mar 2022, 02:57

SteveNordP3 wrote:I never weighed it fully loaded or even empty. Hard for me to believe the empty case is over 22 pounds/11 kilos - that would be almost half the weight of the Piano. That doesn’t make sense to me. I found it manageable but I don’t have specific numbers for you. Good luck!!!

Yes my friend i understand your meaning… its just that you found it manageable is very personal and it has to do with your physical human details i mean with your weight and height… i just worrying 2 much for the case thing because if with everything inside it gets 37 kg in total.. i dont know if i will be able to lift it and put it to the back of my car..

The stage 3 nord soft case i have is 8 kg and my stage 3 is 19kg with cables, single pedal, and my in ear monitors inside it gets around 30kg in total and i hardly manage to lift it up to the back of my car

I will keep searching a bit more about it, i might find some lighter and also safe solution for it..

Thanks a lot again for your info and your time i really appriciate it
Last edited by M1tsos on 10 Mar 2022, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
M1tsos

Postby FZiegler » 10 Mar 2022, 11:22

I got accustomed to not put everything into the patch pockets, but to have pedals and cables in an extra box with cover. It was just too inconvenient to haul everything around. That way, I can even carry both keyboards at the same time.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby M1tsos » 10 Mar 2022, 23:21

FZiegler wrote:I got accustomed to not put everything into the patch pockets, but to have pedals and cables in an extra box with cover. It was just too inconvenient to haul everything around. That way, I can even carry both keyboards at the same time.

Yeah i understand that this is a good solution but then its not worth to buy the nord soft case with the big pocket.. and better find something lighter if i am going to carry pedals di box cables etc seperated from the keyboard..

Am i thinking correct About it??
M1tsos

Postby FZiegler » 11 Mar 2022, 09:21

I can't tell about that Nord soft case. I didn't have it in my fingers. When it came to buying a case for my Stage 3, I ordered two different ones just to see how they fit.

At least, it has wheels - and you probably will like having them.

I don't care that most time my big pocket only contains a power cable: Sometimes it's convenient to have the space - even if it's only a paper set list you want to take with it.

I'm not sure how you would want to do it if you are renting it to others, though. This may be different. If I had a Grand, I'd like to protect it best.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby M1tsos » 11 Mar 2022, 20:32

FZiegler wrote:I can't tell about that Nord soft case. I didn't have it in my fingers. When it came to buying a case for my Stage 3, I ordered two different ones just to see how they fit.

At least, it has wheels - and you probably will like having them.

I don't care that most time my big pocket only contains a power cable: Sometimes it's convenient to have the space - even if it's only a paper set list you want to take with it.

I'm not sure how you would want to do it if you are renting it to others, though. This may be different. If I had a Grand, I'd like to protect it best.

I agree with everything. I am not supposed to rent my grand..

The rental one that everyone asking is the stage 3 which i got it with nord soft case 88
M1tsos

Postby olivierseb » 06 Mar 2024, 00:47

I found a very good alternative to the very expensive nord grand soft case : Kawai SC-1

https://www.thomann.de/fr/kawai_sc_1_so ... jIQAvD_BwE

Around 170€
The Nord Grand fits perfectly in it, just a little bit of space on the sides, the top cover is thick enough to protect the key bed.
Wheels and big handles on both ends are very helpful to move it by yourself.
Materials are thick and sturdy.

It is no brainer
Attachments
IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg (708.27 KiB) Viewed 156 times
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg (339.77 KiB) Viewed 156 times
IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg (388.04 KiB) Viewed 156 times
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg (434.12 KiB) Viewed 156 times
IMG_2560.jpg