Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Improving the Drum 3P?

Postby jwhitmore » 10 Mar 2022, 17:09

I'm not a drummer, as such, so take these opinions with a pinch of salt. They just occurred to me, and not that I'm going to upgrade my Drum3P, but if they added a couple of new voices I might consider it.

I'm not thinking of major hardware changes, but the addition of 2 new green LEDs and 2 new red LEDs for my two new voices and the addition of a 2nd Kick connector. Obviously there's the internals of two new voices as well. Is this an Analog or Digital synth? Never even looked into that...

My thinking is that I've a kick drum pedal connected in to the Drum3P So I've two ways of playing the Kick drum. I can use my foot or I can use the drum pad on the Drum3P. That seems like a waste to me. Once the Kick Pedal is connected to the Drum3P I'm never hitting that drum pad for the kick. That pad is never used. So by adding the Kick pedal I'm now reduced to 5 drum pads. If another voice was added to the synth, which could only be activated by the Kick you'd have 7 voices, if you have a kick pedal, but only 6 if you're using the integrated drum pads only. And sure when we've got that far adding an extra 'kick' voice, 7 is a bit of an odd number so why not 8? So out of the box the Drum 3P be 6 voices but add extra kick pedals for two additional voices. All this functionality for the price of 4 LEDs and a Jack.

Just a thought.
jwhitmore

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Improving the Drum 3P?

Sponsor

Re: Improving the Drum 3P?

Postby Naughty Nord 4P » 06 Apr 2023, 10:26

jwhitmore wrote:I'm not a drummer, as such, so take these opinions with a pinch of salt. They just occurred to me, and not that I'm going to upgrade my Drum3P, but if they added a couple of new voices I might consider it.

I'm not thinking of major hardware changes, but the addition of 2 new green LEDs and 2 new red LEDs for my two new voices and the addition of a 2nd Kick connector. Obviously there's the internals of two new voices as well. Is this an Analog or Digital synth? Never even looked into that...

My thinking is that I've a kick drum pedal connected in to the Drum3P So I've two ways of playing the Kick drum. I can use my foot or I can use the drum pad on the Drum3P. That seems like a waste to me. Once the Kick Pedal is connected to the Drum3P I'm never hitting that drum pad for the kick. That pad is never used. So by adding the Kick pedal I'm now reduced to 5 drum pads. If another voice was added to the synth, which could only be activated by the Kick you'd have 7 voices, if you have a kick pedal, but only 6 if you're using the integrated drum pads only. And sure when we've got that far adding an extra 'kick' voice, 7 is a bit of an odd number so why not 8? So out of the box the Drum 3P be 6 voices but add extra kick pedals for two additional voices. All this functionality for the price of 4 LEDs and a Jack.

Just a thought.

I 100% agree and so does everyone else. theres a reason Nord hasnt changed anything in over 10 yrs on this line. THEY DONT CARE. unfortunatley.
Naughty Nord 4P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Return to Nord Drum Forum