Ski Day - SPS

Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.
tetra
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Ski Day - SPS

Post by tetra »

I wrote and recorded this song with my wife a couple months ago.

https://soundcloud.com/markwilkins/ski- ... ps-final-1

It is definitely outclassed here by what other people post. There are some amazing musicians on this forum, and I am astonished by what is created. I know I will never reach the level that so many of you are at (I will keep my day job as a programmer). But music can be a wonderful hobby and I so love playing music and playing around with trying things.

The bulk of the melody on this is a simple EP patch from the Nord Stage 3. The original plan was to make some kind of “electric guitar-ish” sounding melody. As a super quick stand-in, I used a Rhodes patch and added a bunch of distortion. And I ended up rather liking it so left it. Plus it was easy to drop into the sweet undistorted Rhodes sound during the bridge. A Novation Peak is used for the arpeggio backing and for the lead melody on one verse right after the bridge. The Prophet 6 is used for the bass and for backing pads.
JayDee
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Ski Day - SPS

Post by JayDee »

Music isn't a gymnastics competition, though some treat it as such. If it sounds good, it is good, and it's good. Wife says it's "pretty"
These users thanked the author JayDee for the post:
tetra