Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Strings and Brass Split NSMP Sample

Postby WannitBBBad » 01 Mar 2022, 15:23

Moved from another post:
alexmarinojR wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:Thanks alexmarinojR... Let me know which Brass sample you like from my other post and I'll see what I can do for a brass/strings split. Take care.

...Well ,actually for me by far the best brass I have is called Function brass, it's loud , it has good sustain and it's from a motif, you can find it in the forum , but I upload it anyway if you can use that. If not I like the Brass 02 options. Strings for me is the original from Nord, it has quite a good attack working for lines and good vibrato for sustained notes.
I would love a split of those two. maybe strings on the lower extending from C4-G6, and brass from Ab4-E6.
Maybe an alternate version for a whole keyboard like a left hand strings from E3-G6, and a brass from Ab3-E6.
That would be awesome if possible. I think many people will appreciate it. Thank you even if you don't have the time for it, God bless!

Hello, I put this together this evening with the "StudioStr Leg_Vib_KH ste 2.0" left of the E4/F4 split point and the file you provided "Function_Brass_Motif BEST NEW.nsmp" to the right. Rather than split at G/Ab, I thought it might have more use to others if the split point coincided with a Nord keyboard split point, but this still covers the range you were looking for. I hope it works for you and others. Take care.

StudioStr-FuncBrass W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 142 times

StudioStr-FuncBrass NSMP Demo with LP12 filter, LPM filter, and repeated with Keyboard Tracking at 3 to soften the strings more than the brass.

Update Feb 28, 2022: The difficulty with setting up splits is getting the levels "right" - the intended use matters as a mix that works well for playing a note with each sound doesn't work well when playing chords with one and a single note with the other. To help find the right mix for you, below are five split samples, identical in sound but saved at different string/brass levels relative to each other as follows.

"StudioStr-FuncBrassA W" : StudioStr +2 db, FuncBrass -2 db
"StudioStr-FuncBrassB W" : StudioStr +2 db, FuncBrass 0 db
"StudioStr-FuncBrassC W" : StudioStr +2 db, FuncBrass +2 db
"StudioStr-FuncBrassD W" : StudioStr 0 db, FuncBrass +2 db
"StudioStr-FuncBrassE W" : StudioStr -2 db, FuncBrass +2 db

For this sample in particular, you might also be able to use the mid EQ to make the brass sound a little louder or a little softer relative to the strings by adjusting the target frequency. If you have Keyboard Tracking on your synth, it can be used to soften the strings while keeping the horns brighter. Take care.

StudioStr-FuncBrassA W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
StudioStr-FuncBrassB W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
StudioStr-FuncBrassC W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
StudioStr-FuncBrassD W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
StudioStr-FuncBrassE W.nsmp
(4.64 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Attachments
StudioStr-FuncBrassA W NSMP Demo.mp3
StudioStr-FuncBrassA W NSMP Demo with LP12 filter, LPM filter, and repeated with Keyboard Tracking at 3 to soften the strings more than the brass.
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 713 times
StudioStr_Leg_Vib_KH_ste_2.0.nsmp
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
Function_Brass_Motif_BEST_NEW.nsmp
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 138 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 27 Mar 2022, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 2 members, including:
gsbe_comBundy57
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Strings and Brass Split NSMP Sample

Sponsor

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)