Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Re: Ozone generator

Postby JayDee » 14 Feb 2022, 17:12

"Use only in unoccupied spaces. High concentrations may be harmful" No thanks
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby Spider » 14 Feb 2022, 19:16

from that link's FAQs:

Exposure to high concentrations of ozone can be harmful. Please stay outside the room being treated with ozone. We include a NO ENTRY sign in the package as a gift, which can be hung outside the door.
Because of ozone's strong oxidability, plastics exposed to ozone can easily break down and fade.
Ozone can adversely affect indoor plants and damage materials like rubber, electrical wire coatings, fabrics and artwork containing susceptible dyes and pigments. Since the main reaction of ozone is strong oxidation, during the oxidation certain polymer groups may have some negative effects, such as PU plastics oxidizing and turning yellow.

Why would anybody want to use such a device, instead of simply opening the windows?
In my view, it's main purpose in in medical/surgical rooms and places that need to be sterilized for sanitary purposes, surely not for just getting rid of some smell.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby FZiegler » 14 Feb 2022, 19:34

Most of us Europeans still don't want air conditioning at home - heating is enough for quite a number of domestic homes (certainly different for shops and hotels). In the US, it may be standard for decades (in some regions).

Perhaps, it's the same with those air "improvers". The only thing I've seen yet are air filters for allergic sufferers.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby agcohn » 15 Feb 2022, 02:36

Spider wrote:from that link's FAQs:

Exposure to high concentrations of ozone can be harmful. Please stay outside the room being treated with ozone. We include a NO ENTRY sign in the package as a gift, which can be hung outside the door.
Because of ozone's strong oxidability, plastics exposed to ozone can easily break down and fade.
Ozone can adversely affect indoor plants and damage materials like rubber, electrical wire coatings, fabrics and artwork containing susceptible dyes and pigments. Since the main reaction of ozone is strong oxidation, during the oxidation certain polymer groups may have some negative effects, such as PU plastics oxidizing and turning yellow.

Why would anybody want to use such a device, instead of simply opening the windows?
In my view, it's main purpose in in medical/surgical rooms and places that need to be sterilized for sanitary purposes, surely not for just getting rid of some smell.

I think that depends on the smell. The only person I know who needed an Ozone treatment was for their car to remove smoke damage from a car that had caught fire in the parking spot next to theirs, but that was a pretty extreme situation.
agcohn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Postby cphollis » 15 Feb 2022, 07:59

It helps to differentiate between a device designed to produce O3 (ozone) and one that is designed to produce charged ions. The former would be nasty, the latter quite pleasant.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby catosim » 15 Feb 2022, 15:43

It seems like the OP wasn't in need of any answer or clarification....
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Matt-new » 18 Feb 2022, 13:01

My intention is to get rid of possible remaining Covid 19 virus parts in my flat, so only occasional usage. Every surface shall be disinfected, so the Nord also.
Last edited by Matt-new on 18 Feb 2022, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Matt-new

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum