Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Steely Dan "Peg" NSMP Samples

Postby WannitBBBad » 25 Jan 2022, 01:33

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well. For those of you interested, I've posted a Stage 3 program with samples for "Peg" by Steely Dan that includes some of Michael McDonald's backing vocals. "Steely Dan - Peg W.nsmp" has the backing vocals on the low E1, F1, and F#1 keys and a modified sax to emulate the Lyricon. A separate "Lyricon" sample is provided if you'd rather not have the backing vocals. Using the two samples and two "pianos", a Stage 2 or Piano 5 program could easily be put together based upon my Stage 3 settings for the Rhodes and Clavinet. More information and program/samples can be found at https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/steely-dan-peg-program-and-samples-t21984.html.

For Nord Electro and Piano folks especially, "SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W.nsmp" below is a full NSMP sample based upon my Stage 3 program with backing vocals, Lyricon, Rhodes with phase shifter panned a little to the left, and Clavinet with flanger panned a little to the right. I applied vibrato and an LFO to the "F" note on the Lyricon so no AfterTouch or Mod Wheel is needed for the effect. A smaller NSMP is also provided without the backing vocals. For the MP3 below, I use hall reverb and a Clavinet from the piano section playing with the Lyricon; I'm playing along with tracks of the drums, bass, and guitar from Karaoke Version. The JPG below shows the mapping of the samples used. I hope some of you get some use out of these. Take care.

SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W.nsmp
(5.11 MiB) Downloaded 215 times
Without backing vocals:
SD Peg R Clav Lyr W.nsmp
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 169 times

UPDATED Feb. 1, 2022: For those playing with your Nord transposed one semitone down (-1), here are NSMP files transposed so that the splits line up correctly.
SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV-1.nsmp
(5.21 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
Without backing vocals:
SD Peg R Clav Lyr W-1.nsmp
(4.14 MiB) Downloaded 132 times

Mapping of the samples used in "SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W.nsmp"
SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W Sample Mapping.jpg
SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W Sample Mapping.jpg (194.79 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Attachments
SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W DEMO.mp3
(2.82 MiB) Downloaded 1011 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 Feb 2022, 02:38, edited 9 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 4 members, including:
KeyBardimacmanMr_-G-ericL
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Steely Dan "Peg" NSMP Samples

Sponsor

Re: Steely Dan "Peg" NSMP Samples

Postby imacman » 27 Jan 2022, 20:07

Great sounds and demo! Thank you.
iMacMan

The author imacman was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
imacman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Steely Dan "Peg" NSMP Samples

Postby WannitBBBad » 27 Jan 2022, 21:47

imacman wrote:Great sounds and demo! Thank you.

Thanks you- good to "see" you back!
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)