Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

NORD LEAD 2X START UP / POWER ON ISSUES /DEAD?

Postby brut9 » 21 Dec 2021, 23:04

Hello All,
Newbie hobby producer here, with limited knowledge. asking for a bit of help and or advice.

Currently, my Nord Lead 2x has been really acting up when I try to power it on. I get random LEDS and readouts in the patch panel screen.
if I try to unplug and re-power it on, I get a completely different configuration of LEDS. Nothing will work on the synth, its completely unresponsive and does not produce any sound.

but, oddly enough, once every rare blue mood ( VERY RARE) it will power on and work perfectly, then if i turn it of, it all breaks again...

I currently have nothing plugged into the synth with the exception of headphones, no midi and no out cables. Very simple setup.

I have attached a few pic for reference.

I'm not sure if i have a broken synth that needs repair, or needs a reboot(?) or something else?

Any advice you could share would be mush appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (234.73 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (428.81 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (555.16 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (411 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (402.92 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
brut9

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

NORD LEAD 2X START UP / POWER ON ISSUES /DEAD?

Sponsor

Re: NORD LEAD 2X START UP / POWER ON ISSUES /DEAD?

Postby maxpiano » 25 Dec 2021, 10:35

Hi, to me it looks like something HW-related is not working properly there, since you say that sometimes it also boots up properly; so I'd take it to assistance (unless you can do it yourself) and I would suggest to first check the power supply section (a problem there may cause the main processor to not always startup properly because its 3.3V supply is not stable)
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Dec 2021, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: NORD LEAD 2X START UP / POWER ON ISSUES /DEAD?

Postby Flateric815 » 20 Jan 2022, 08:23

brut9 wrote:Hello All,
Newbie hobby producer here, with limited knowledge. asking for a bit of help and or advice.

Currently, my Nord Lead 2x has been really acting up when I try to power it on. I get random LEDS and readouts in the patch panel screen.
if I try to unplug and re-power it on, I get a completely different configuration of LEDS. Nothing will work on the synth, its completely unresponsive and does not produce any sound.

but, oddly enough, once every rare blue mood ( VERY RARE) it will power on and work perfectly, then if i turn it of, it all breaks again...

I currently have nothing plugged into the synth with the exception of headphones, no midi and no out cables. Very simple setup.

I have attached a few pic for reference.

I'm not sure if i have a broken synth that needs repair, or needs a reboot(?) or something else?

Any advice you could share would be mush appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Looks like something has shorted out your components. If you're comfortable working on it and have a multimeter I'd open it up and check for damaged components or traces. Check the ribbon cable connectors are clean and reseat them. Let me know if you resolve it, I also happen to have some issues with my 2x.
Flateric815

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum