Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: The Nord Piano wishlist

Postby SteveNordP3 » 20 Jan 2022, 05:39

We’ve been talking about the slowing of introductions of new grand samples and I would love to see Nord do a sample of Klavins M450i. I know Native Instruments has a Kontakt Giant Piano based on a slightly shorter version of this amazing piano, but the full 450 with Nord’s sample recording talents would be stunning. Plenty of YouTubes you can check out. Hearing bass notes with strings nearly 15 feet long just does something even a 9’ concert grand just can’t do. Would love to have that sample as well as his una cordas - he’s quite a genius!
SteveNordP3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Sponsor

Postby Ranelsonoh » 12 Mar 2022, 01:21

How about Nord tries alternate size keyboards for the grand. Could become the leader in this area.
For those unfamiliar with this concept check out: https://youtu.be/ZXlknI-Jc48

Realize Daniel Barenboim and other great contemporary pianist had their own custom made narrowed keys piano used for performances.
Ranelsonoh

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby PhilAiken » 16 Apr 2022, 12:11

1. Nord Grand to properly transmit triple sensor via midi. THIS IS A BIG DEAL.
2. A few premium XXL pianos, even at the expense of having more loaded in. I'd rather have less choices loaded in, with quality at a premium.
3. The original Wurly is very long in the tooth, and we could use an updated XL version, The amped Wurly2 is nice, but is not a direct substitute, and is not ideal for actually running into a tube amp or onboard/outboard amp simulator.
PhilAiken

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby PhilAiken » 17 Apr 2022, 16:00

Adding one thing to my post a few spots above under separate cover, but along the lines of having a few XXL pianos to choose from, having dedicated MONO versions of some of the larger pianos would take up half as much space. As the Grand for me is strictly for live use, and I would have the mono button default to "on" if I could, this would be swell. Stereo versions could still be available for those using it often in stereo.
PhilAiken

Postby PhilAiken » 17 Apr 2022, 16:10

ocat100 wrote:Zones...
Of course it is possible to make splits on the Grand. But sometimes I want a full range piano C1 -C8 and adding a sound from the synth section, only from e.g. C6 - C8.
For example, playing Stepping Out (Joe Jackson) I need the full range pianosound and only want a bell-sound from C5-C8. It is a shame this is not possible on the Nord Piano.
Shouldn't be too hard to include this functionality into an OS update.

This, but also for me, I would like to transmit midi out for only one side of the split, and/or on different channels for the 2 sides, AND an quicker way to toggle midi transmit on and off altogether.
So in a 2 keyboard set up with an organ clone on top, I would like to have a patch that has the Grand acting as lower manual. Or in a one keyboard setup with a module/iOS device/laptop to augment, to be able to have the external sounds triggered by one half of the split only.
PhilAiken

Postby NameGoesHere » 07 Jul 2022, 11:18

Probably no big whish, but updateble (at least on the Piano 5):
-> MOD2: I'd like to dial in the deepness of an effect numerically (e.g. for the vibe). This could be done just like the delay-speed, by holding down the according button and turning the potentiometer. Just a little feature for people pushing the boundaries.
-> MOD1: A additional Highpass-Filter would be nice.
NameGoesHere

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby iamunclemikey » 19 Sep 2022, 20:21

I am new to nord. BUT...... Unless I find a way to do this, my MAIN wish is to find a way to control the volume of both A AND B together rather than just A OR B I find it very cumbersome to have to hit a switch to A or B , adjust the volume without disrupting the balance that I set and then hit the switch again to go back to playing. Once I set the A and B layers and get them balanced the way I like them, I don't want to have to disrupt that mix.. So I am looking for a way to adjust the A and B together globally for swells etc.
If Nord did that, I think it would be pretty darn perfect
iamunclemikey

Postby NordDocZac » 21 Dec 2022, 20:05

I would love to see the TP400 Wooden graded action in the next Nord Piano. I understand Nord is after certain weight goals, but the Numa X Piano GT has that action and weighs just 22kg. I am satisfied with the number of samples and quality of samples, so action is the only area I have wish list items.
NordDocZac

Postby Nordlicht » 06 Jan 2023, 23:26

I’m a new owner of a Nord Piano 5 (I already have a Stage 3 Compact) and would be happy if Clavia would add a possibility to provide some optional "pitch bend like"-function e.g. with the octave up/down buttons of the synth section.
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
Nordlicht
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Postby Nordlicht » 22 Jan 2023, 16:13

Another unlogical thing that must be improved:

Seamless transition when changing programs is great.
But if you turn off e.g. a synth layer while playing it stops the sample playback immediately (i.e. it is cut off hard).

On the other hand, if you change a program and switch to one without active sample layer(s) the synth from the old program won’t be cut hard but shows its normal release behavior.
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
Nordlicht
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum