General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Stage 3 Compact Soft Case

Postby davecad » 31 Dec 2021, 03:40

I've read around on here and see the Gator 76 key slim case was recommended for the NS73 Compact by a few folks, based on a conversation from a while back - - but can't seem to find that anywhere these days. The Rockville rolling bag 76 seems like it will fit but the Gator case seemed a bit more robust. Any other suggestions for a soft case/gig bag thats a bit more economical than the Nord bag?
davecad

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Stage 3 Compact Soft Case

Sponsor

Re: Stage 3 Compact Soft Case

Postby FZiegler » 31 Dec 2021, 04:46

It was this one I got - and still like a lot: Gator G-PG-76 SLIM. But indeed, there are dealers who say it's sold out.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
davecad
FZiegler
Donator

Postby ADSRLFO » 31 Dec 2021, 16:53

There's also that one

https://www.thomann.de/fr/korg_krome_73_bag.htm

Very simple ...fits ok for the compact !

The author ADSRLFO was thanked by:
davecad
ADSRLFO

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby MartinJ2EX » 02 Jan 2022, 19:46

ADSRLFO wrote:There's also that one

https://www.thomann.de/fr/korg_krome_73_bag.htm

Very simple ...fits ok for the compact !

I'm not a fan of this case, got one for my MIDI controller with wooden casing...
not very protective, very thin padding and only a small pocket for additional gear ... got a few dents from transporting while being very cautious...

I'd strongly recommend the Gator ProGo 76 Slim as well... those cases are the best for the price!
Just ask your dealer(s), I'm sure you can get one somewhere! ;)
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band

The author MartinJ2EX was thanked by:
davecad
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby Scorps » 03 Jan 2022, 22:42

Look out for local masters or companies who could make you a custom case. It might be even cheaper and definitely better quality than anything pre-made, in addition to being made to fit your instrument perfectly and some extra protection in fragile areas. Here in Estonia there's a man whose bag lasted for 15 years!!! of active use around the Stage Classic. I had to order a new one recently and it costed only 80€ for a super high quality bag with veneer reinforcing plates, thick padding, wheels, handles and custom colour (I chose dark blue and red), I also asked him to put extra protection for the pitch stick so that it wouldn't get too much pressure (I already had to replace it once, it wasn't cheap). I'm not sure if he takes international orders though as he already has really a lot of local orders, but I'm sure you can find someone in your country too!

The author Scorps was thanked by:
davecad
Scorps

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Postby Daddy Cool » 31 Jan 2022, 15:37

To find stock on any Gator bags here in Ontario Canada that will fit the Stage 3 compact is like winning the lottery. I just traded my Stage 3 HP 76 for a stage 3 compact, my hands are thanking me but my wallet is saying WTF!! The only bag I could find for it was the Nord bag and at a whopping $349 plus 13% tax made it just shy of $400. I must say that I am pleased that I have a much better bag now for the compact then the paper thin one that came with it in the trade but looking at this Nord bag... thinking this is not even close to a $400 bag. I have the Gator Pro Go which I used for my Stage 3 HP it was a little larger but it has alot of cushion and has the straps inside. Luckily my Roland Fantom 7 was able to fit in it and I kept it but to me that is a $400 bag and worth every penny.

The author Daddy Cool was thanked by:
davecad
Daddy Cool

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Gone_Insane » 31 Jan 2022, 16:37

Been looking into this too for a NS3 Compact. The Gator ProGo 76 Slim (G-PG 76 Slim) has interior length of 49". Do you guys make use of the extra 7" inside the main compartment? Perhaps a pouch for pedals or cables?

On the other hand the 61-Slim is 40.5"... The Compact is 42". Too bad.

Does anyone have experience with the GK semi rigid cases? I have an older one for an 88-key which has served me very well... wondering about this for the compact. The GK-61-SLIM is 41.5" interior (only half inch too short), and the GK-76-SLIM is 51" interior.
Last edited by Gone_Insane on 01 Feb 2022, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.
Gone_Insane

Postby FZiegler » 31 Jan 2022, 16:46

I had a cardboard box with pedals in the remaining space - for about 2 weeks. Then abandonned that attitude: It's not very practical to store everything including the cables of the pedals inside those boxes. I now leave the extra space as it is most of the time. No problem for carrying.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby cphollis » 31 Jan 2022, 18:31

The other alternative is to suck it up and spend more for the Nord bag, which I did. It's a very nice bag, so you can see where the money went.
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by 3 members, including:
davecadSchorschanalogika
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby ericL » 31 Jan 2022, 19:03

I do really like the Nord soft bag and have a couple of them. I still have my NE2 61 from back in the early '00s and it travels really easy in the Nord bag. My NS3 Compact travels to rehearsals in its Nord soft bag and for gigs, I have a custom ATA/Anvil style flight case for it, built by a local case shop. 90% of my gigs I use a utility cart to carry all my gear in one trip (keyboard, four space rack, a couple of brief cases, pedal board, stand) and it is way safer for me to have the flight case. Plus I do a number of gigs that include multiple bands and I'm just not very comfortable having a soft case for these kinds of gigs. Whenever I hitch a ride with someone or have a trailer gig, my NS3 is very well protected.

I have also heard that the Pelican 1750 case is a good option for the NS Compact models. I need to refresh some research on that.

There are some custom shops that make soft cases - checking the other Keyboard Forum to refresh my memory, in case that might be another option.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by:
davecad
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Next

Return to Nord Stage Forum