Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Considering Adding a Piano 5

Postby M1tsos » 30 Dec 2021, 15:50

davisjj wrote:
M1tsos wrote:Hello. My opinion is to wait untill namm at june .. its not worth now to buy nord piano 5 because it costs almost like grand.. propably they go release a grand 2 because right now grand just have a better keybed compared to piano 5 and is more expensive from piano 5.. so they will might drop down the Price on piano 5 88 or they will release a new grand 2 just to make some balance on that.. in case that they dont do something of these then i would go for grand just only for the better kawai keybed..

P.s i dont own any of these 2 and i just played on nord piano 3 which isnt have the same keybed with piano 5..

All my conclusions are from many reviews and videos in internet, youtube and from posts in this forums and the facebook team of nord users which has 30k + members

Thanks for the feedback! I thought about waiting, even on the S3C, as it seems like Nord is about to change some things (just rumors though). There's a variety of reasons why I didn't want to wait though, not the least of which is sort of a mid-life (ok, just beyond mid-life) crisis that has me wanting to seize the day or something like that. Lol. I'm glad I didn't wait on the S3C, because I just love playing it. The Kawai is great, but it's massive on the stand. It might just be overkill for me, and the grand might be as well. I doubt they'll lower the price on the Piano 5, but I could see them releasing a new Stage and/or Grand in June. I could always sell the Piano 5, probably more easily than I could the Kawai. I don't know, decisions, decisions.

The weight difference from piano 5 to grand is just 2 kg.. for me is no big deal..

Selling it later after you buy it you will lose for sure at least 20% means that if you spend 3000 then you wont be able to sell it for 2600 easy… many people preffer to spend just 15 or 20% more and make the unboxing of the real brand new instead of buying a very little used one.
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby davisjj » 30 Dec 2021, 18:33

M1tsos wrote:The weight difference from piano 5 to grand is just 2 kg.. for me is no big deal..

Selling it later after you buy it you will lose for sure at least 20% means that if you spend 3000 then you wont be able to sell it for 2600 easy… many people preffer to spend just 15 or 20% more and make the unboxing of the real brand new instead of buying a very little used one.

Yep, I’ve decided to stick with the Kawai. It has the better version of the Grand’s action (obviously that’s subjective), and it was over $1k less than the Piano 5. I’ve instead turned my interest to the Wave 2. I have a number of synths, and one or two I just don’t connect with at all, so I want to give the Wave 2 a try.
davisjj

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum