Omnisphere 2.6 +ns3

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Bachus

Omnisphere 2.6 +ns3

Post by Bachus »

Did anyone use his nord stage with the new hardware profile in omnisphere 2.6

Looking for user experiences, wondering how the piano and organ parts play a role here?
Or is it just the synth and effects section?

The hardware integration could be what i need to buy Omnispher/keyscape..

Any user experiences are welcome..
anotherscott

Re: Omnisphere 2.6 +ns3

Post by anotherscott »

I think what Omnisphere hardware profiles do is map hardware controls to their soft synths. So knobs like the ones below make sense to repurpose. But what would you expect a piano string resonance or organ percussion control to do on a synth sound? I don't know the answer, but I'm not sure I'd expect them to do anything.

Ivan Jochner
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Nothing is special their.
Just vurtual knobs of Omnisphere "midi learned" to synth section of NS 3.
(And it seems to be when you assigned Chanel 1 -Track 1 of Omni to respond to Nord, it works only with that channel 1, other channels whould not react on Nord.
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra
Ivan Jochner
Patch Creator

Post by Ivan Jochner »

Some updates : I was wrong Omnisphere responds to all midi channels, i just needed to enable changing them in Global midi channel.
Patchmaker
Nord Stage 3 Compact /Yamaha Motif XS 7
Yamaha MODX 7 / (past gear) Roland Integra
mtier0067
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by mtier0067 »

Reviving this thread... How does the midi synth integration work with Omnisphere? I'm considering a dedicated hardware synth to control Omnisphere 2.8 but have a stage 3 compact on the way and am hoping that it will get me a good hardware interface to be able to control omni from the keyboard. Thoughts? Experience? Thanks!
@ Home
'52 Hammond C2 w Trek Perc
'62 Leslie 145 w/ Speed Control
'76 MKI Rhodes Suitcase 73
Samick Studio Upright

Live
Stage 2 73 SW
Studiologic Acuna 73
Moog Grandmother
Leslie 3300
Leslie LS2215
Custom Stage Enclosure/Stand
Berretje
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Berretje »

Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection[hr]
>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!
[hr]
Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
bartley99
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Post by bartley99 »

I use ns3 and omnisphere+keyscpae. The button / knob mapping is good enough for live performance. If you're building patches in OmniSphere, you will want to use the GUI. I use it mostly to control synth type sounds. Nothing fancy but has what you need. I have an NS3 Compact and NS3 HA88 and I can tell you the default velocity mapping sucks major balls. I had to spend a lot of time tweaking the vel mapping for the KeyScape pianos and the mapping doesn't translate well across the acoustic, elec piano or clav sounds. But, once you get it dialed in, it sounds very good.
gsbe_com

Post by gsbe_com »

bartley99 wrote:I use ns3 and omnisphere+keyscpae. The button / knob mapping is good enough for live performance. If you're building patches in OmniSphere, you will want to use the GUI. I use it mostly to control synth type sounds. Nothing fancy but has what you need. I have an NS3 Compact and NS3 HA88 and I can tell you the default velocity mapping sucks major balls. I had to spend a lot of time tweaking the vel mapping for the KeyScape pianos and the mapping doesn't translate well across the acoustic, elec piano or clav sounds. But, once you get it dialed in, it sounds very good.
What sounds do you find yourself using from Keyscape instead of the Nord NS3 internal sounds? I made some comparisons and decided that some of the tweaked samples like the White Grand and some B3 settings from this forum made the Nord sound superior to Keyscape. Admittedly, I did not experiment with velocity mapping in Keyscape plus I'm pretty lazy so the urge of setting up a single keyboard when playing live is overwhelming. ;)

Thanks for your insight here. I love using Omnisphere and Keyscape in the studio but am wondering what opportunities exist for the live rig.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

gsbe_com wrote: I made some comparisons and decided that some of the tweaked samples like the White Grand and some B3 settings from this forum made the Nord sound superior to Keyscape.
... I love using Omnisphere and Keyscape in the studio but am wondering what opportunities exist for the live rig.
I don't think Keyscape has any organs. Omnisphere does, but it's not something it does well... I think it's just samples, not a real "organ engine" like the Nord has. You can get some excellent organs in VSTs, but that's not what these particular programs are for. If you want potentially better organs, look at things like B3X (IK Multimedia), Blue3 (GG Audio), B5 (Acoustic Samples), VB3-II (GSI). But Nord's organs ain't bad either...