Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

What frequency is the "bright" acoustic piano mode?

Postby twofarmers » 20 Dec 2021, 04:52

I have scoured the manual and can't find a definition for the "bright" EQ setting for the acoustic piano. The description states: The BRT (Bright) mode emphasizes the high frequency range, producing a very bright and brilliant sound. But does not state the frequencies that are boosted. Thanks
twofarmers

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

What frequency is the "bright" acoustic piano mode?

Sponsor

Re: What frequency is the "bright" acoustic piano mode?

Postby Mr_-G- » 20 Dec 2021, 15:36

I assume that is indeed "high frequencies" (a range rather a particular frequency).
The way to find out is to feed a white noise source and compute the spectrogram with and without the filter.
White noise only should have a flat spectrogram, with the filter you should see higher power in the 'higher frequencies' and work out what kind of filtering it is.
For the "piano only" I guess it will be more tricky... I guess you could play the same MIDI recording (to make sure the performance is the same) of a piece and look at the spectrogram of the whole piece with and without the filter. You can do that with Audacity. Analyze>Plot Spectrum... Let us know what you find out.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Electro Programs