Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Disable/filter incoming note on midi message?

Postby maceofresk » 11 Dec 2021, 15:44

Is there (not) a way to disable incoming MIDI note on/off messages on the Nord Grand? The menus seem to only allow me to turn local control on or off, select MIDI channel, turn CC and PC messages on and off (for sending, receiving, or both) and to transpose MIDI at in or out (whatever that means, exactly). But there seems to be no option to disable note on/off messages?

Can this really be the case? Seems utterly strange if it is.

I’m using a backing track app on my MacBook which sends MIDI note on messages for the purpose of triggering lighting shows while performing live. But I also need to be able to hook up my Mac to my Nord Grand at home (for MIDI as well as for using Nord Sound Manager etc). If there is no way to disable incoming note on messages on the Nord, I will have to physically disconnect the USB cable each time I use my backing track app (for rehearsing and so on). Not an especially attractive solution.

I could perhaps change the MIDI channel on the Nord, but it seems I shouldn’t have to, for this purpose. Also, I want to send MIDI on channel one while performing, so I would have to remember to change the channel back and forth each time, which is very far from optimal.

Any ideas?
maceofresk

Disable/filter incoming note on midi message?

Sponsor

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum