Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord Piano 5 Sound "Grand Digi Pad LF"

Postby wtibbit » 03 Dec 2021, 20:01

The NP5’s factory Program B:55, “Grand Digi Pad”, is made of of three sounds. Both Piano section layers are turned on with Royal Grand 3D on layer A and DigiGrand 2 on Layer B. The Sample Synth section has Layer A tuned on with Silk Pad and Layer B is turned off (with SymphStr FastAtk Amb selected). This program is what you’re hearing when you listen to the sample file on Nord’s Piano 5 webpage.

The author wtibbit was thanked by 2 members, including:
FZieglerTasten-Bert
wtibbit
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

Postby stiegele » 04 Dec 2021, 11:45

Hello wtibbit,

Many thanks for your information - I will try to get it sound similar on my Piano 5.

By the way - where have you found this information ? Can I also find this or is this insider knowledge ? And do you also have this kind of information for "Soft Paws ED" and "Grand shades LF" mentioned
on Nord's Piano 5 webpage ?
:thanks:
stiegele

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby FZiegler » 04 Dec 2021, 13:51

Hi stiegele,

you already stated that you didn't like reading manuals. But if you do, your questions won't remain 'insider knowledge' at all. Nord manuals are not complicated to read. You just would know how to master the four sound engines and the FX sections.

It even exists in German which is a luxury compared to the situation other users are in.
Last edited by FZiegler on 04 Dec 2021, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by 2 members, including:
SchorschTracii
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 04 Dec 2021, 16:38

Fully agree with FZiegler on the user manual. This forum is full of helpful members as you might have noticed already, but the first thing to do would be to read the existing documentation and get familiar with the basics of your instrument and after that ask for whatever is unclear. This will help you getting up to speed with your Nord quite fast
Last edited by Schorsch on 04 Dec 2021, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 04 Dec 2021, 17:18

stiegele wrote:...@maxpiano: I'm not using an expression pedal as I try to reduce pedals wherever possible. Sustain pedals and rotary switch (for my Electro 3) need space enough ;-)

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! I definitely understand the pedal situation, I have both keyboard and guitar pedals to contend with. I have a Stage 3 and can say I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much if I didn't have a control pedal to work with. Almost every program I create uses it. Even simple things like selectively bringing instruments into your mix, such as starting with the piano and then slowing bringing the pad up for certain passages, can add quite a bit to a performance. It may be worth looking into. Good luck to you!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 04 Dec 2021, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby FZiegler » 04 Dec 2021, 19:14

WannitBBBad wrote:With the Piano 5 you can even have one synth fade out as you fade in the other. It may be worth looking into.

Are you sure about that? Explanations about the Piano 5 vol/ctrl pedal aren't very clear in the manual. I'd rather assume it doesn't have morph capabilities, will only control volume (in one direction) and/or Effects/Mod1 rate (for RM and Wah) respectively Mod1 amount (for Pan and Trem). But I don't have the Piano 5, either.
Last edited by FZiegler on 04 Dec 2021, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
FZiegler
Donator

Postby stiegele » 04 Dec 2021, 19:26

:) Hello guys - me again !

For my following question I do not find an answer in the manual: although I have installed the latest USB driver v3 02.4 and latest version of Sound Manager v7.66 I cannot get a connection via USB between my PC and Piano 5.

Somewhere I have read that Piano 5 with OS 1.16 is yet not compatible with Sound Manager - is this correct ? Which alternative do I have ? Waiting until Clavia updates their softwares ?
stiegele

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby Schorsch » 04 Dec 2021, 20:37

Hi,

NP5 is supported by Sound Manager since version 7.56 according to the update history.

You should not have any need to use the USB driver, it should connect without it. Connection problems could be caused by some USB cables, please try another one if you can, and also try another USB port if available.

Which operating system do you use on your PC?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 04 Dec 2021, 21:25

FZiegler wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:With the Piano 5 you can even have one synth fade out as you fade in the other. It may be worth looking into.

Are you sure about that? Explanations about the Piano 5 vol/ctrl pedal aren't very clear in the manual. I'd rather assume it doesn't have morph capabilities, will only control volume (in one direction) and/or Effects/Mod1 rate (for RM and Wah) respectively Mod1 amount (for Pan and Trem). But I don't have the Piano 5, either.

Thank you catching that FZiegler, I believe you're correct based on what I read in the manual as well. I removed that statement from my post. Thanks again.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 04 Dec 2021, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby wtibbit » 05 Dec 2021, 15:46

stiegele wrote:Hello wtibbit,

Many thanks for your information - I will try to get it sound similar on my Piano 5.

By the way - where have you found this information ? Can I also find this or is this insider knowledge ? And do you also have this kind of information for "Soft Paws ED" and "Grand shades LF" mentioned
on Nord's Piano 5 webpage ?
:thanks:

Stiegele, you don't need to try to do anything special or need any insider information. Your Piano 5 is delivered from the factory with the "sound" you want. Simply turn the knob labeled "Prog/Menu" until you see "B:55, “Grand Digi Pad” on the display. This selects that program and the instrument will be automatically set up with the proper piano and synth samples for that sound. Pressing the Layer A or B button on the Piano and Sample Synth Sections to turn the Layers on or off will brief display the sample name and the category of that sample. Make sure you return the Layers to their original on/off state; if you can't remember what state they were in, just select another program and then re-select B:55.

The above is true of the other sounds ("Programs" is the correct term) you mentioned. Keep spinning that knob and you will see them. I'm pleased with most of the Programs Nord developed and delivered with the piano. Exploring all of them will give you a good idea of its capabilities.

Congratulations on your new Piano 5! You spent substantial money on that excellent instrument. I think the Piano 5 is a great value for your money, and I think you'll find spending personal effort reading the user manual will give you an even greater value for your time. :keyboard2:

The author wtibbit was thanked by:
stiegele
wtibbit
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum