Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Layered Mellotron Flute and Strings/Violin sound?

Postby masterzaffro » 25 Nov 2021, 21:24

I love the mellotron sounds from Nord but I need a layered mellotron flute and strings (or violin) patch for a song I'm writing. The sound was easy to do with vst's of the mellotron and the newer digital versions can do it as well, but Nord doesn't have any available. I'm using a nord electro 5d so unfortunately I can't layer the same engine. Plus I want to use a rhodes split at the same time. Does anyone have a quality user sample of this available? I couldnt find any on the nord site.
Last edited by masterzaffro on 25 Nov 2021, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
masterzaffro

Layered Mellotron Flute and Strings/Violin sound?

Sponsor

Re: Layered Mellotron Flute and Strings/Violin sound?

Postby WannitBBBad » 27 Nov 2021, 01:17

I have this sample of a violin and flute. I doubt if I still have the original wave file but if you want to make a smaller NSMP file (this has quite a few notes mapped), you can load this into your Electro and record just the notes you want in a wave file and then create a new NSMP file. To keep file size down, I'll often record one out of every four notes, however sounds with a vibrato don't interpolate well as the vibrato changes speed depending on the note played (slower if base note is above note being played, faster if base note is below). For the MP3 example I simply added Hall reverb. I hope this helps - good luck to you on your song. Take care.
Violin and Flute W.nsmp
(8.28 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
Attachments
Violin and Flute W NSMP Example.mp3
(550.68 KiB) Downloaded 1404 times
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
DanielD71
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby cookie » 03 Dec 2021, 15:30

Very nice sound !
Eric Mouquet from Deep Forest would love that one :)

Fred

The author cookie was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby masterzaffro » 18 Dec 2021, 11:44

Thanks for the reply. That's a nice sound but unfortunately doesn't sound very close to what I'm looking for. I attached a mp3 of the sound on garageband.
Attachments
Output 1-2.mp3
(681.55 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Last edited by masterzaffro on 18 Dec 2021, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
masterzaffro

Postby WannitBBBad » 21 Dec 2021, 06:30

masterzaffro wrote:Thanks for the reply. That's a nice sound but unfortunately doesn't sound very close to what I'm looking for. I attached a mp3 of the sound on garageband.

You're welcome! If you like the GarageBand sound, you could sample it with the Nord Sample Editor (NSE) or even mix the GarageBand sound with a sample on your Electro and create a layered sample with the NSE.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)