Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

[REQ] Soul with a capital S

Postby sibalp19 » 10 Nov 2021, 03:50

Can anyone make me a patch that is exactly like the one in the video? With the low brass at the bottom keys, rhodes piano in the middle, and brass/horns up top?

Thanks so much.

https://youtu.be/x7SbGaEv4kk
sibalp19

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

[REQ] Soul with a capital S

Sponsor

Re: [REQ] Soul with a capital S

Postby analogika » 10 Nov 2021, 15:48

The keyboard in the middle is trying to be a Hammond organ — though you're going to have a hard time trying to make the Stage 3 organ sound as shitty as that one there. ;)

I suggest you try it yourself; it's fairly simple: Split the keyboard into three segments, assign an organ engine to the middle split, the synth on Panel A to the left, and the synth on Panel B to the right split. You can assign engines to a particular split section by either holding the "Shift" button and pressing the On/Off/Zone Select button, or by quickly double-pressing that button.

Switch on the rotary speaker (to "organ"), set the organ model to "B3" and adjust drawbars to taste (I'd probably start with 888800036 or so, probably with chorus set to C3).

Next, select the synth presets for the horns — you can press the "Shift" button an turn the "synth preset" knob to have it show a list of sounds that you scroll through.

Choose a baritone sax synth preset for the synth on Panel A, and a full brass synth preset for the synth on Panel B.

What you're *not* going to get is the bell ride he's playing on the highest note during the pre-chorus, but I have no idea why you'd want to play that, anyway.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by 4 members, including:
EliasPolishPrinceWannitBBBadFZiegler
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)