Noisy Korg ps-1 sustain pedal

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
varignet
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Noisy Korg ps-1 sustain pedal

Post by varignet »

Hi, I just bought a brand new korg ps-1 sustain pedal, however it make a mechanical and reverb noise and when pressed.
See the video:

It's noticeable in my studio when using it, is this normal and me expecting too much?

thanks
Last edited by varignet on 23 Oct 2021, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
wtibbit
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Re: Noisy Korg ps-1 sustain pedal

Post by wtibbit »

That sound normal to me for that type of pedal. If you are using that pedal for sustain, especially for piano sustain, I'd recommend a more traditional type pedal such as the M-Audio SP-2. I've had that pedal in heavy use for about 3 years with no issues.
Dave Ferris
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Re: Noisy Korg ps-1 sustain pedal

Post by Dave Ferris »

When I used Nord pianos 10 years ago, the first thing I did was get the Roland DP-10. I don't know if the build quality, like most everything, has suffered in that elapsed time, but back then it was solid, in addition it has the non-slip rubber plate so as to avoid the dreaded pedal creep.

It's the only thing "Roland" I've ever bought, used on gigs and was happy with...lol I wish the Yamaha polarity would allow for that pedal, although they are making the newer ones more solid, so less pedal creep.
Last edited by Dave Ferris on 25 Oct 2021, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 Steinway D
Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515, CP88