General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NORD STAGE 3 EX or wait for the next one...

Postby StrangeAeons » 20 Oct 2021, 17:37

CountFosco wrote:
StrangeAeons wrote:especially if you want it to be future-proof).

...and your next gig's in 2027. Yes, under those circumstances I'm inclined to agree.

Would you buy it without a second thought, though? It's tantamount to buying a notebook when you know that Intel/AMD/Apple's releasing a new CPU soon. A wise purchase doesn't warrant so much irony, imho. Some people keep their instruments for many, many years. I'm not one of them, but quite a few keyboardists I've known literally invested in their main or only keyboard: one of them's still happy with his Nord Stage 2, whilst a girl I once played with had been gigging with her old Korg M50 for almost a decade. And if the OP's one of them and is in no hurry, waiting a few months, or even a year could be well worth it.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Sponsor

Postby Nord33 » 23 Oct 2021, 00:05

abepiano wrote:I am buying the NORD STAGE 3 but i don't want the investment and I rather wait if the nord stage 3 ex or nord stage 4 is coming out. PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY

If I were you (and had any money), I would buy Stage 3 now. Even if S3EX or 4 came out following month, I would keep S3 for at least half a year or even a whole year. Keep in mind that Stage 3ex or 4 will probably have some software issues at the beginning (maybe hardware too). You wait, you see what it offers and what others say after a few months... you'll still get 3000$ for S3... add 1000 and buy next gen if you like it then...

that's what I would do, but you need to make decision yourself ;)
Last edited by Nord33 on 23 Oct 2021, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nord33

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby cphollis » 23 Oct 2021, 02:28

My usual cycle with Nord is to skip generations, e.g. E3, E5, P2, P4, etc. The Stage 3 is the exception -- it was so much better than my Stage 2 I couldn't resist. Glad I did, as I've been enjoying its goodness for sometime now. Waiting would have been a mistake.

Best case in the EX is more memory and support for more detailed samples. Maybe better USB audio support. All of that would be nice, but I lack for none of that, so why would I wait? At some point, it makes sense to just buy something and get on with making music.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby M1tsos » 27 Jan 2022, 08:31

electro 6 is released at 2018 and has just 1gb memory at piano library.. nord piano 4 was at 2017 with 1gb also nord grand was 2019 with 2gb 2021 was piano 5 with 2gb also …i am 95% sure that next nord will be electro 7… and i wanted a stage 4 or 3ex or a grand 2… :(

And i believe next stage 3ex or 4 will be at 2023
Last edited by M1tsos on 27 Jan 2022, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby furqat_maestro » 31 Mar 2022, 06:46

I plan to buy NS3 88 in a month.
Thoughts do not leave - maybe it's worth waiting for the release of NS3EX or NS4 I don't know ...?!?!?!
furqat_maestro

Postby maxpiano » 31 Mar 2022, 09:21

furqat_maestro wrote:I plan to buy NS3 88 in a month.
Thoughts do not leave - maybe it's worth waiting for the release of NS3EX or NS4 I don't know ...?!?!?!

If you enter that loop you will end up waiting for NS5, NS6, NS7...I mean, if NS3 suits your needs and you need it urgently, buy it now, prices of NS3 have recently raised by the way so this doesn't seem the sign of a new model coming and in general no one here knows or can tell if/when Nord will issue new models; if you are not in a hurry instead you can wait, but you may wait for months...
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Mar 2022, 12:02, edited 2 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
furqat_maestro
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby Tasten-Bert » 31 Mar 2022, 09:44

Hi,
if you can wait another nine weeks until NAMM fair starts I‘d wait and see if there‘s anything important new. If you can‘t wait and need it soon I‘d buy the 3 now with a good feeling that it is quite stable in keeping its value.

By the way, what country is your flag? Where are you located?

Cheers from Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20

The author Tasten-Bert was thanked by:
furqat_maestro
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby maxpiano » 31 Mar 2022, 10:35

Tasten-Bert wrote:By the way, what country is your flag? Where are you located?

The flag is Uzbekistan's (if you hover the mouse on the flag picture you can see the name in the hover-box) :-)
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Mar 2022, 10:37, edited 2 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
Tasten-Bertfurqat_maestro
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby M1tsos » 31 Mar 2022, 10:39

First of all you wont find a stock of stage 3 88 anywhere right now…. And my info from nord is that no one will get stock before july and then namm show is at june so Just wait untill june when namm show.. if they are going to release something new we will see it there..
Last edited by M1tsos on 31 Mar 2022, 10:42, edited 2 times in total.

The author M1tsos was thanked by:
furqat_maestro
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby neomad » 31 Mar 2022, 10:45

M1tsos wrote:

First of all you wont find a stock of stage 3 88 anywhere right now…. And my info from nord is that no one will get stock before july and then namm show is at june so Just wait untill june when namm show.. if they are going to release something new we will see it there..

This might be related to the shortage of semiconductors and some other raw materials, first due to pandemics, now (and then) for the military conflict in Ukraine. Or, who knows, a NS3ex?
Current Keyboard Rig: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha Montage 7wh, Yamaha YC61, Alesis Fusion 6HD. Yamaha babygrand Piano. Extra sounds Ipad with AUM and plenty of synth apps + onsong pro

The author neomad was thanked by:
furqat_maestro
neomad

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum