Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Sample Looping Phasing Sound

Postby Magikroom » 18 Oct 2021, 16:09

Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to get clean loops from my samples. I did a Bank of patches for the Sequential Prophet X (GEOSynths) and sampled 14 of my Synths and want to use the samples in the Nord Wave 2. To make the samples I used Sample Robot which was great and the Loop points are embedded. I've tried to load them into Nord Sample Editor 4 and the loop information is stripped out, so I i've used the Tools onboard to get it to Loop but I get this weird Phaser Effect with the Crossfade at any setting. Changing the "Phase" just slightly changes the perceived phasing frequency and without it, it clicks. Does anyone have any recommended tips or settings as it sounds awful.

My samples are every note over 4 to 6 octaves and the beauty of Sample Robot is you only need to work on one and it's applied to the others, seems not to work right in Sample Editor. The upshot is, when you play a chord using thr sample with the crossfade in, you hear the "phase" sound of the crossfade at different times, depending on the pitch and just sounds naff, any ideas?
Last edited by Magikroom on 18 Oct 2021, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Magikroom

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Sample Looping Phasing Sound

Sponsor

Re: Sample Looping Phasing Sound

Postby MartinJ2EX » 29 Oct 2021, 17:39

Looping is one thing that can be a very long process with Nord Sample Editor, in my experience..

For example, if I record a SoftSynth, I will
1. activate loop for all notes / samples
2. set crossfade to 0
3. adjust the loop visually (find the same zero crossings at same phase for both start and end point) and sonically until it is perfect without any clicks.

That's why a "zero crossings" feature or some sort of Auto Loop, like in Logic Pro Sampler would be awesome. One sample always takes me hours to carefully loop, but it's wort it every single time! :)
Nord Stage 4 88 | Stage 2 EX 88
Numa Organ 2 | DX7 IIFD | JX-08
SL 61mk3 | opsix | UB-Xa

Live Musician since 2010
> My Website <

Sugar Sharks | Hertha Band
MartinJ2EX
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Re: Sample Looping Phasing Sound

Postby Schorsch » 29 Oct 2021, 22:48

Looping samples with the Nord Sample Editor is indeed not easy and I don’t like the way to loop of the new Sample Editor version. For my part, I got along better with version 2 of the Sample Editor which gave me more control over the loops - maybe I just did not yet found that in the new versions …
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Wave Forum