General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Worst Thing About Nord Stage 3...

Postby Kaffimusic » 30 Sep 2021, 13:08

This is a Nord forum. People love their instrument and use them for their reasons. But it´s also no mistake to think about what you expect for your money, see what you get elsewhere, compare and decide what you want and whether that´s worth it.
The things you complain about are partly subjective taste, partly absolutely right and also worth saying. Most people here are happy with what they have, believe it´s the greatest thing they could use and will not change their view. I even think a number does not even know what you are talking about, because they do not feel or even recognize any limits or flaws. The NS series is limited compared to other keyboards/synthesizers/stagepianos and maybe exactly what some musicians want and need. When they are also content to spend the money, okay, everyone is happy.
As we say in Germany: Other mothers got pretty daughters, too.
It has no use telling the obvious, get another keyboard. Try it, understand it, take conclusions, decide and act. Nowadays there is Youtube with TONS of demovideos about keyboards. Just because one brand is omnipresent and looks fancy on stage does not mean it´s what you want.
Last edited by Kaffimusic on 30 Sep 2021, 21:45, edited 3 times in total.
Bragging with gear.
Kurzweil PC361, PC3k6, PC4-7, K2, Yam Motif7+ES6, SY77, MM6, DX7 II, ProphetREV2, Polybrute, Roland V-Synth, Waldorf Q, Bgr.Model D, Novation Ultranova, 2xNova Desktop, Mininova, Modal Argon8, UnoSynthPro, Dbox Nymphes, Akai MPC One

The author Kaffimusic was thanked by 2 members, including:
Hobsterverbalakrobat
Kaffimusic

Sponsor

Postby MarkJames » 30 Sep 2021, 16:17

Kaffimusic wrote:This is a Nord forum. People love their instrument and use them for their reasons. But it´s also no mistake to think about what you expect for your money, see what you get elsewhere, compare and decide what you want and whether that´s worth it.
The things you complain about are partly subjective taste, partly absolutely right and also worth saying. Most people here are happy with what they have, believe it´s the greatest thing they could use and will not change their view. I even think a number does not even know what you are talking about, because they do not feel or even recognize any limits or flaws. The NS series is limited compared to other keyboards/synthesizers/stagepianos and maybe exactly what some musicians want and need. When they are also content to spend the money, okay, everyone is happy.
As we say in Germany: Other mothers have pretty daughters, too.
It has no use telling the obvious, get another keyboard. Try it, understand it, take conclusions, decide and act. Nowadays there is Youtube with TONS of demovideos about keyboards. Just because one brand is omnipresent and looks fancy on stage does not mean it´s what you want.

Well said.

I like Nord not because it’s perfect, but they are well built, logically laid out and provide “bread and butter” capabilities.

If I wanted a Montage I’d buy one; in fact, I have a Motif XS Rack which addresses some of the sounds lacking and it’s easy to control from the Nord.
Nord Piano 4
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Wave 2
Sequential Prophet Rev 2
Mac Mini rack w/Gig Performer
Roland Integra-7
Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Behringer XR-18
MioXL
MarkJames

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby Davvv » 30 Sep 2021, 22:54

I dream of finding the same possibilities of loading just one or more parts of a patch that I have on my sk1. on the sk1 I can keep the same bass sound and the same split point on all programs ... I can keep the same left hand settings and change programs at the same time ... I can play an external midi sound without having any cutoff during a program change (Impossible with the external module of the ns3 ... the sound played at noon is cut at each program change).
Except for the organ sound, the ns3 have better sound than sk1, but i prefer the midi master keyboard of my sk1.
Davvv

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby cphollis » 30 Sep 2021, 23:22

I guess I truly began to appreciate what a NS3 could really do when I got handed a list of 20 songs I wasn't familiar with and had to sound good in four days. The speed at which I could come up with great voicings for each, tweak on the fly, etc. made me a fan for life.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum