This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: White Grand sounds worse in XL than in L ?

Postby agcohn » 28 Sep 2021, 04:10

agcohn wrote:I will say that after having used the White Grand L for a few weeks now with a little bit of EQ to brighten up the sound, I think this is one of my top Grand Piano sounds now behind maybe just the Imperial Grand XL (also EQ'ed to brighten up the sound). The Imperial XL definitely has a sweeter tone overall, but the White Grand L has a bit more character that helps with certain pieces. The White Grand L definitely sounds a lot cleaner than the the White Grand XL while still giving a good feel of playing a real Grand Piano.

Having used the White Grand XL again for awhile, I do finally understand all of the love for the piano. To me it has by far the strongest sensation of sitting in front of an actual grand piano.

It's only really while using the sustain pedal now that I find myself a little overwhelmed by the background resonance, but I'm getting used to it.
agcohn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Sponsor

Postby anotherscott » 28 Sep 2021, 14:13

agcohn wrote:It's only really while using the sustain pedal now that I find myself a little overwhelmed by the background resonance, but I'm getting used to it.

You may just need to be more judicious in your use of the sustain pedal (lift it more often). Also, hopefully you are playing in stereo, the resonances work better that way. Worst case, just use the button to turn them off.
anotherscott

Postby FZiegler » 28 Sep 2021, 16:11

If it's a question of string resonance, you might try to turn that a little down befor turning it totally off or turning sustain off: Sound Menu #2 Piano string res level.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby cphollis » 28 Sep 2021, 16:11

anotherscott wrote:
agcohn wrote:It's only really while using the sustain pedal now that I find myself a little overwhelmed by the background resonance, but I'm getting used to it.

You may just need to be more judicious in your use of the sustain pedal (lift it more often). Also, hopefully you are playing in stereo, the resonances work better that way. Worst case, just use the button to turn them off.

Yes. And remember that dense layers of sound can overwhelm your sound reproduction equipment.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum