This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Connect Nord Stage 3 to Ax Edge via Wireless Bluetooth

Postby JohnC » 27 Sep 2021, 03:36

Hi All,

I'm Brand new to the forum and absolutely could use somebody's help on this matter.

I'm attempting to control my Nord Stage 3 with the Roland Ax Edge Keytar via the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi connector. In the AX app I see it connected, however no sound is produced.

Anybody else encounter this issue and have a solution or can link me to a video/site which walks me through the process?

Thank you so much,

John
JohnC

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Connect Nord Stage 3 to Ax Edge via Wireless Bluetooth

Sponsor

Re: Connect Nord Stage 3 to Ax Edge via Wireless Bluetooth

Postby cookie » 27 Sep 2021, 09:05

I would take a look at latest bluetooth CME products : made successful tests between my NS3 and an ipad using Widi Master.
Sorry I don't have experience with the Edge : I use my AX7 keytar with the old CME Widi X8 (=wifi, not bluetooth) to control my NS3.

Fred
Last edited by cookie on 27 Sep 2021, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Mr_-G- » 27 Sep 2021, 19:03

Hi and welcome. Just a basic (but important) question: have you applied the correct MIDI channels in both the master and slave devices? In the NS3 I suppose that like in the NS2 you can set it to MIDI and USB channels. Can you please check if you set it to receiving MIDI, and not USB?
Last edited by Mr_-G- on 27 Sep 2021, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby FZiegler » 27 Sep 2021, 19:31

First question is if you get MIDI data at all - you can verify this with the little red MIDI LED above the top right edge of the program OLED. It flashes up if there's something coming in.

Then you'll have to verify if the Nord is listening on the right MIDI channel - would be best to first assign Global MIDI to the channel of you keytar. The Stage 3 is listening and sending always on both DIN and USB MIDI. This then should do it.
Last edited by FZiegler on 27 Sep 2021, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Postby maxpiano » 27 Sep 2021, 20:07

Hi John and welcome to NUF,

I am not sure you can connect 2 BT MIDI devices between them without a computer/tablet in between and an App making the routing of MIDI data between them.

You say "In the AX app I see it connected", OK but.. connected to what? A computer/tablet where the App is running, I guess, correct?
If so of course it cannot be connected to the NS2/MD-BT01 at the same time (I expect), right?

Probably the solution used by cookie is a better fit for this use case (if you want to avoid bringing a pc/tablet as BT MIDI Router), however please describe your current setup in more detail (including MIDI Settings on both keyboards)
Last edited by maxpiano on 28 Sep 2021, 07:44, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby st2ex » 27 Sep 2021, 23:14

JohnC wrote:Hi All,

I'm Brand new to the forum and absolutely could use somebody's help on this matter.

I'm attempting to control my Nord Stage 3 with the Roland Ax Edge Keytar via the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi connector. In the AX app I see it connected, however no sound is produced.

Anybody else encounter this issue and have a solution or can link me to a video/site which walks me through the process?

Thank you so much,

John

I'm using the Yamaha MD-BT01 as well, but it only works with iOS devices.
No Windows or Android.
So I have doubts about the right driver available for the AX-Edge.
Kind regards,
Helmut

Nord Stage 4C - Nord Stage 3HA88 - Roland AX-Synth - Korg M1 - Kawai Upright Piano
st2ex

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Nord Forum