The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

PK-27: Alter sensitivity?

Postby Aaronjw » 27 Sep 2021, 19:13

Just got a PK 27 for my C2, and from the little bit I've played I really love them. However, most of the black keys (well, gray) take quite a lot of pressure to sound, having to press them all the way down to the keybed. The white pedals just require a bit of pressure and feel great. Is there a way to make the black pedals sound with a shallower press? I found a post on here from a couple years back asking a similar question but with no replies. He said there were springs inside the casing that looked like they could be adjusted but he wanted to check here before messing with them.

Also on a related note: is there really no way to power the pedals off other than unplugging them?
Aaronjw

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

PK-27: Alter sensitivity?

Sponsor

Re: PK-27: Alter sensitivity?

Postby m7flat5 » 20 Dec 2021, 06:27

I never noticed having to press the black pedals on the PK27 too hard, but maybe that is because I play with organ shoes. Are you playing in stocking feet? With shoes, the pressure is distributed throughout the foot, instead of being limited to the contact point with the black pedal. Maybe you could try playing with shoes if you are not already?
As for turning the unit on and off, I plug the adapter into a power bar with an on-off switch.
Happy playing! I am sad that the C2 and C2D have been discontinued, but I am glad that you are enjoying your C2.
Proud owner of C2D, C2, PK 27, Piano 2, Lead 2X, Micromodular, G2, Electro 3, Drum 3P
m7flat5

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum