All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Wireless headphone

Postby desjouwer » 10 Sep 2021, 18:59

Hallo,

I own a nord grand stage and I enjoy playing it. But I use a wired headphone and i do nog like the wire. I have an Bluetooth headphone and want to use it on my piano.
Is that possible? Can I use a normal Bluetooth transmitter? Which transmitter is good and has no delay?
In hope Someone can Answer these questions.

Ernst Jan
desjouwer

Wireless headphone

Sponsor

Re: Wireless headphone

Postby MarkJames » 12 Sep 2021, 14:58

desjouwer wrote:Hallo,

I own a nord grand stage and I enjoy playing it. But I use a wired headphone and i do nog like the wire. I have an Bluetooth headphone and want to use it on my piano.
Is that possible? Can I use a normal Bluetooth transmitter? Which transmitter is good and has no delay?
In hope Someone can Answer these questions.

Ernst Jan

Read this article - I don’t think you can avoid delay using Bluetooth

https://avantree.com/uk/blog/audio-late ... -know.html

Unless your transmitter and headphones BOTH support aptX Low Latency or FastStream the latency will be too much for real time playing.

Your best bet is to look for higher-end gaming headphones with transmitter and receiver, and that specify the actual latency amount.

I bought one of these systems that claims to have 2.2ms latency - can’t measure if that’s true but it’s not noticeable by me. Note it uses the 5.8Ghz frequency range so there’s also less interference.

http://www.ineargear.com/mipro-mi-58-5-8ghz/
MarkJames

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Wireless headphone

Postby desjouwer » 16 Sep 2021, 19:43

Thank you for answering. I’s more complicated than i througt.
desjouwer

Return to Accessories and Amplification