Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Edgar WINTER Frankenstein

Postby Jamiedtunes » 06 Sep 2021, 15:22

Has anyone had any luck programming the Edgar Winter Frankenstein synthesizer sounds for NS3? I guess I could always sample it from my Yamaha motif es, but would love to hear it from the nord synth engine. Thanks
Jamiedtunes

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Edgar WINTER Frankenstein

Sponsor

Re: Edgar WINTER Frankenstein

Postby WannitBBBad » 07 Sep 2021, 15:22

Great song for synths, unfortunately I haven't programmed this one but others might have. Watching Edgar Winter play it live on the video below helps in seeing how it's played and also what's in some of the sounds used. A control knob to the left provides the wide pitch swings; setting up the synth to use only OSC2 will provide the wide swings but they will be digital stairs steps, not the smooth analog pitch changes. The "wah" effect is either provided by a traditional wah wah pedal or possibly a control pedal for the ARP. The first sound used is a classic analog synth with portamento and some amount of release, but the other after the drums has a pulse LFO applied and possibly an octave trigger (notes toggling an octave like you'd get with the single octave arpeggiator playing individual notes). Later it gets even more interesting when Edgar moves to the ARP panel; the panel B synth for my program "WannitBBBadSyncW.ns3f" at nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/for-those-new-to-programming-t15748.html has some similar effects that can be adjusted in real-time if you'd want to try messing around with it for that part (MP3 provided below). Good luck to you.

VIDEO AT:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=edgar+winter+frankenstein+keyboard+youtube&docid=608049150275431499&mid=4353BF88327B4B8483474353BF88327B4B848347&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
Attachments
Slot_B_WannitBBBadSyncW short.mp3
(955.43 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 17 Sep 2021, 01:42, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)