Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Re: 90+ Programs/Samples - For those new to programming...

Postby WannitBBBad » 03 Aug 2021, 14:38

Cameo "Word Up" NSMP Sample. Summary of Sample posts moved to: nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/40-samples-t21907.html

Last edited by WannitBBBad on 04 Jan 2022, 15:15, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 2 members, including:
SchorschPolishPrince
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby whatsupdk » 05 Sep 2021, 19:54

Thanks very much!! Mike

The author whatsupdk was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
whatsupdk

Postby WannitBBBad » 06 Sep 2021, 15:23

whatsupdk wrote:Thanks very much!! Mike

You're welcome!

I hope all of you are doing well. Similar to the way I started this post, here's a Stage 3 program that has quite a few things going on for those of you who want to piece it apart. The panel A synth is initially set up with the level morphed to the control pedal, a triangle wave LFO set up to affect the the OSC and filter, and the internal clock synced to the LFO, stereo pan and delay effect. The sound used has a filter decay with resonance added that becomes prominent with the LFO applied. A B3, White Grand, and Panel B Synth are set up to be turned on at any time. The Mod Wheel is morphed to back off the LFO on the OSC/filter, turn up the filter Freq, and turn down the delay level. The Panel B synth can be added to provide an initial attack to notes played. Here are a few examples, take care.

Panel A Synth
Panel A and Panel B Synths
Longer example: Piano with B3 and Panel A Synth levels brought up with Control Pedal, and then MW used to back off the LFO and then bring it up again.

Synth LFO MW W.ns3f
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 176 times
Attachments
Synth LFO MW W Example - Panel A.mp3
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 593 times
Synth LFO MW W Example - Panel A and B.mp3
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 513 times
Synth LFO MW W Example - Morphed Levels and Mod Wheel.mp3
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 567 times
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 3 members, including:
gsbe_comPolishPrinceSchorsch
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Oct 2021, 19:39

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well. As this post has become a combination of programs to learn from and other programs/samples that hopefully may be used by some you out playing, here's a recent post of a B3 program that uses the Chorus and Stereo Pan effect in place of the slow Leslie for one panel, allowing a fast/slow/stopped Leslie to be used on the other panel without effecting it. With this combination the reverb on the B3 can also be set differently (after the effects) than the "pre-Leslie" reverb used on the other panel. I hope this comes in handy for some of you. Take care.
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/hammond-b3-chorus-stereo-pan-on-left-leslie-on-right-t21641.html
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 May 2022, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.

icthus8gsbe_comPolishPrince
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby PolishPrince » 29 Oct 2021, 04:55

That's a beautiful program. I know this will come in handy. Thanks.
Ambassador At Large
Current Gear: NS3C,OB-X8, MatrixBrute, Polybrute, 1961 A100, 2 Vent 2s, Korg M1REX, Matrix-6, MicroFreak, TR-8S & Roland Ax-Edge for the ladies. Studio: A&H QU-16,MIO xl, Adam Audio A7X, & a Creation Station.

The author PolishPrince was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
PolishPrince
Donator

Re: 100+ Programs - For those new to programming...

Postby WannitBBBad » 25 Dec 2021, 21:54

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well this holiday season. Here are a few simple programs that will allow the pitch of a note to slide down, slide up, or both, without the use of morphing or the pitch stick. The primary sound is set up on one panel and a sliding pitch sound is set up on the second panel with the Delay effect used to bring it in later than when the note is played. Also posted is an electronic Syndrum program that also makes use of the sliding pitch.
https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/sliding-pitch-programs-t21774.html
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 06 Jan 2022, 05:57, edited 8 times in total.

BerretjePolishPrincemobil
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby WannitBBBad » 01 Feb 2022, 04:12

I hope all of you are doing well. I'm now retired and finding more time to... well, anything I want! Below are links to a few programs that I worked on recently. Take care.

Steely Dan's "Peg" - program and samples. This program uses two samples; one is a modified sax used as the Lyricon combined with backing vocals for the chorus, the other is a very small Clavinet sample (198 Kb) used along with the Lyricon for the intro. Though many may not use the backing vocals, I sampled some of Michael McDonald's isolated vocals from a video on "Aja" and layered them over other backing vocals where needed to have the full chorus available. The Lyricon has two ranges in the sample so that the notes are at the correct pitch while the Clavinet alternates between high and low notes in the intro. The Stage 3 program has a Rhodes with Phase Shifter layered with a Clavinet with Flanger, panned slightly left and right respectively. Pitch-corrected samples of the Lyricon/vocals are also provided for those transposing down a semitone (-1). As this program uses only samples in the synth panels, it could easily be set up on a Stage 2 as well. To make the MP3 demo, I made a backing track with bass, drums, and guitar at Karaoke Version - all other parts are covered by the Stage 3 program available at:
LINK --> https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/steely-dan-peg-program-and-samples-t21984.html

From the program I also created a sample for players of other Nord keyboards covering the Lyricon, vocals, and layered Rhodes/Clavinet with effects that can be found at:
LINK --> https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/steely-dan-peg-nsmp-samples-posted-t21985.html

Four Clavinets with Effects. Using the small Clavinet sample I put together for "Peg", I made this program just to give folks a head start on a few Clavinet settings. The program uses Clavinets on both piano panels, the sampled Clavinet, and an "analog" Clavinet sound. On the MP3 I step through multiple settings starting with the Clavinet sample and ending with all four Clavinets layered with Flanger and Auto-Wah on both synths. The program can be found at
https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/four-clavinets-w-fx-program-and-nsmp-sample-t21950.html

Rock guitar with a clean Strat for rhythm. A post by bluetrain playing a Joe Satriani song took me down the path of putting together this program using a Strat sample that I created for another post and the standard Les Paul sample with a harmonic set for OSC2 on Aftertouch, vibrato on Mod Wheel, and Wah morphed to the control pedal that adds some nice harmonics to the overall sound. The program can be found at:
LINK --> https://www.norduserforum.com/post112680.html#p112680

Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 Feb 2022, 03:44, edited 6 times in total.

gsbe_comBerretjecookie
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby WannitBBBad » 02 May 2022, 14:33

Hello all, it's been a while since I updated this post - below are links to some programs put together over the last few months.

"Jesus, He Knows Me" by Genesis. This program and sample cover the intro synth and pad through the song. A B3 is added on the Mod Wheel to bring up during the Chorus. An option as well is to assign the synth vibrato to the Mod Wheel for a little more emphasis when used in the middle of the song. For the MP3 example I'm playing along with the Karaoke Version demo with the keyboards removed.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/jesus-he-knows-me-genesis-t22074.html#p151096
NSMP Sample for other keyboards --> nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/genesis-jesus-he-knows-me-nsmp-sample-t22152.html

"Resistance" by MUSE. The first program has a pad left of the split and a mono synth with glide right of the split to cover the initial intro. The second program moves both synths to the left to add a soft Silver Grand to the right. Simply by design, my old Prophet 10 tracked the highest note played when in mono mode, so I could play a full synth chord with one "panel" and have the layered mono synth of the other play just the highest note. On the Stage 3, adding a high "violin" to a full B3 chord for a song by Kansas for example could be easy if the synth featured high tracking in mono mode, however instead one has to play each chord so that the top note is the last one hit or the mono synth will go to an unintended key. I play it carefully that way in the mp3, but having high tracking as a synth feature would be much easier.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/muse-resistance-t22016.html#p152351

"Ashes to Ashes" by David Bowie. Forum member fuztec25 was looking for some assistance on the intro for "Ashes to Ashes" by David Bowie for his Stage 2, so I sent a few suggestions after playing around with it on my Stage 3 and then posted my program for others.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/david-bowie-ashes-to-ashes-t22251.html
Stage 2 program by fuztec25 --> nord-stage-2-programs-ns2p-ns2pb-files-f15/please-help-d-bowie-s-ashes-to-ashes-intro-piano-sound-t22205.html

"Smooth" by Santana. I put together this program for a friend that includes a sample specifically for the song with a couple horn effects thrown in. The program has a B3 with the level set by the mod wheel, a Silver Grand piano, and the synth level on the Control Pedal for the brass. A second sample is provided for those who play the song down a semitone. For the mp3 I'm playing along with the vocal, bass, and drums from Karaoke Version.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/santana-smooth-piano-patch-request-willing-to-pay-t21487.html#p150861

"Child Of Love" by We The Kingdom. This program uses the LFO to iterate chords played and adds a clock-synced guitar for the muted guitar note played in the intro. A clock-synced tremolo can be adjusted to provide more or less "pulsing" between the two.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/child-of-love-we-the-kingdom-sound-request-t22041.html#p150810

"Walking On A Thin Line" by Huey Lewis. I put this together help a Forum member get started using both synth panels and a B3 with drawbars on the Mod Wheel.
Stage 3 program --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/huey-lewis-walking-on-a-thin-line-t22008.html#p150382

TommyXBundy57ericL
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby WannitBBBad » 05 Oct 2022, 14:07

"Girl Can't Help It" by Journey. A quick program I put together to help Spence895. Like the original recording, the acoustic piano (White Grand Large) is panned to the left and the DX7 (DX7 Piano Sample) is panned to the right, and I added the sample "DX7 Rhodes" (posted by ibljula) across both. A synth panel is left available for adding strings or monophonic synth for the short solo. The program and sample can be found at post143767.html#p143767

Last edited by WannitBBBad on 21 Jan 2023, 17:08, edited 2 times in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Re: 80+ Programs - For those new to programming...

Postby jalexquijano » 30 Nov 2022, 04:11

WannitBBBad wrote:"Turn Me Loose" by Loverboy and "Gimme Gimme Gimme" by ABBA: Taking advantage of OSC2

For "Turn Me Loose" by Loverboy, the stepped chromatic intro with the synth section of the Stage 3 is covered by using only OSC2 with a sawtooth waveform. I set it at 24 semitones initially so that turning the knob during performance will take it to 48 semitones (and no further) for the rest of the song. The effect is similar to the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 where the OSC Frequency also moves in steps when the knob is turned. The program can be found at LINK--> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/loverboy-s-turn-me-loose-with-chromatic-intro-t20405.html

In order to get three synth sounds with two synth Panels for "Gimme Gimme Gimme" by ABBA, I took the approach of using a Stage 3 string sample and adding a high triangle wave with OSC 2 (balancing the two with OSC CTRL), leaving the other synth panel for the bass synth. Using a synth panel for two different sounds happened to work out in this case but you'll find that getting the "perfect" sound for one OSC sometimes means compromising on the sound of the other given that the Attack, Decay, and other synth parameters have to be applied to both. For example, my choice of triangle wave over pulse (square) wave was somewhat driven by the strings not being bright enough if I adjusted the FREQ to sound good for the square wave. If you don't need to get all the synths out of one program, flexibility opens up some. At the link below I also provide a program using an Oberheim sample provided by Funk76 for the high "flute" sound in place of the bass synth, and the strings are covered by the other synth panel. MP3s of both versions are provided below. Take care. LINK--> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/abba-gimme-gimme-gimme-t20423.html#p137602

I thought you used a flute sample and tweak it. How is your approach to get that gimme gimme gimme intro?
jalexquijano

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)