General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Please help! One of my keys doesnt trigger piano section

Postby andydrummer2009 » 04 Sep 2021, 18:38

Help! I have a big gig coming up and one of my keys just stopped triggering the piano section. It does trigger organ and synth, but with veolicty settings on synth it seems like the specific key is hitting harder than the rest for synth. I am comfortable fixing this myself if it's possible. What should I do here?
Last edited by andydrummer2009 on 04 Sep 2021, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
andydrummer2009

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Please help! One of my keys doesnt trigger piano section

Sponsor

Re: Please help! One of my keys doesnt trigger piano section

Postby LeftyBass68 » 05 Sep 2021, 03:33

Only attempt this repair if you are comfortable with it and have the right equipment.First timers cleaning any key contacts had best watch all videos pertaining to this procedure.
I have repaired dirty and broken key contacts on Fatar actions for many years.The key or keys you need to clean for sure or maybe replace contacts of on the unit can be done,skill level required is moderate at least.
Anti static mats and wrist straps and proper electronics protocols followed here,Haako soldering station,DMM,signal generator,scope etc. Patience and a good video camera to remember where things went.

Good lighting,and magnification of contact points and compressed air and a new contact strip if required.Fastener removal,and removal of control panel by unlocking multi connector and stick/wheel cabling.
Control panel to frame bottom screw? The one right in the middle by itself under there.The rest under the frame? Keyboard action to frame bolts.If you've never done this take it to a shop.
NS3C NS2EX88 C2D Yamaha MOX8 Behringer Model D (5) Behringer Neutron (5) Roland Lucina AX9 12 Hammonds/Leslies.(BV/BCV/B2/3 A100's/M3/M102 etc.
LeftyBass68

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum