Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Nord Piano 4 Program Question

Postby s1mplem1nds » 04 Sep 2021, 06:26

Hi ,

I am trying to understand something about the Programs on the Nord Piano 4. Is it possible to save just the piano sound as a program, or are programs more than one sound? Every time I try and save a piano sound, even with the sample synth turned off, it allocates a missing sample that I don't want to use. I just want to save the piano sound maybe a bit or reverb and that's it.. The manual doesn't say whether it has to be two or more sounds..

thank you
s1mplem1nds

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Nord Piano 4 Program Question

Sponsor

Re: Nord Piano 4 Program Question

Postby maxpiano » 04 Sep 2021, 07:23

A Program always saves the full configuration of the NP4 (except global settings), including each section on/off state and its configuration, so also the currently selected sample.

But that is not a problem when section is off, you can just ignore that fact (and if the missing sample bothers you, just select an existing one before saving); on the other hand it can be useful of you want to save a Program where a section is normally off, but pre-configured and ready to be switched on while playing and without changing the Program
Last edited by maxpiano on 04 Sep 2021, 07:26, edited 3 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum