Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Re: Abacab - Genesis

Postby WannitBBBad » 26 Aug 2021, 11:18

elto66 wrote:Thanks WannitBBBad.
It works. The best way seems to operate with 2 detuned OSC per each lot, and you can play a perfect 5th with one finger. It's perfect at the beginning of the song. I had to reduce the volume of the detunet OSC going on because Tony doesn't play with one finger but he always plays in a 5th way and sometimes in a 4th way, so the single note can't really operate with a strong 5th, but a light 5th is ok and makes the sound very similar. No samples used. I used a normal B3 for the organ on Electro 6 splitting the keyboard with the same sound for the left and right hand.

You're welcome, I'm glad it works! I never noticed Tony playing the 4ths you mentioned as we play the song as part of a medley and don't do that part - thank you for noting that. I plan to revisit my program to make that change. I also plan to try the right synth sample from keego19 with the information Schorsch provided just to see what it sounds like. It's too much sample memory to use up with the synth already capable of coming close to the sound, but I'm interested now to see how it sounds playing the 5ths and 4ths manually. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 26 Aug 2021, 14:55, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Schorsch » 26 Aug 2021, 12:54

The samples had originally been provided by keego19, just to be correct ;-)
Last edited by Schorsch on 26 Aug 2021, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 26 Aug 2021, 15:03

Schorsch wrote:The samples had originally been provided by keego19, just to be correct ;-)

Thanks, I added that in my post for clarification. I listened to the ARP Quadra sample and ended up programming a version using two sawtooth waves an octave apart so that the 5ths (and later some 4ths) could be manually played as pointed out by elto66. The revised sample is posted at nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/genesis-abacab-nsmp-sample-t21386.html. Thanks again.

Last edited by WannitBBBad on 02 Sep 2021, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Previous

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)