Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Trying to create organ sound

Postby FatPapa » 25 Aug 2021, 02:30

I own a Stage 3 and want to cover Van Morrison's song "Reminds Me of You" . I have tried everything that I can to recreate the sound for the organ solo without much luck using Farfia, Vox and B3 as well as the organ samples. I would really appreciate some guidance to get me close. I've owned my Stage for almost a year and still struggle a little with the synth programming. Link to the song on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQToGcTWSRQ The solo starts around 2:43. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jon
FatPapa

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Trying to create organ sound

Sponsor

Re: Trying to create organ sound

Postby WannitBBBad » 25 Aug 2021, 02:48

I don't have my Stage 3 with me right now to check it out, but I'd suggest trying a B3 setting like 800060300 with a fast Leslie and no Chorus/Vibrato or touch percussion. You can play around with upper "drawbars" 60300 to tweak the sound further. Good luck
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby FatPapa » 25 Aug 2021, 03:38

Thanks WannitBBBad for the kickstart. I'm messing with some EQ and it's getting real close..
Cheers,
Jon
FatPapa

Postby rpossemo » 25 Aug 2021, 15:40

Nice song. First time I listen to it thanks to this post. The B3 suggested by WannitBBBad seems great (as usual), at least for the non solo part. Maybe for the solo there is some tweak as you mentioned you are doing. Would be nice if you share your result after you are happy with what you got.
*RPM
rpossemo
Patch Creator

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)