Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Assist to Unlock or Unmute Organ presets

Postby Gambold » 17 Aug 2021, 01:56

>either because he is well aware of what he did and expects others to know the same routines, or he simple changed something without realizing it).<

I'm hard-pressed to see either of these situations as likely. How many people here go into the system settings and shut off the organ routing? And if so, why?

How many people have done this without realizing it?

I'll say it again, all good feeling, brotherhood, and peace on Earth a given - don't lend out your gear, ever.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby cgrafx » 17 Aug 2021, 03:25

Gambold wrote:>either because he is well aware of what he did and expects others to know the same routines, or he simple changed something without realizing it).<

I'm hard-pressed to see either of these situations as likely. How many people here go into the system settings and shut off the organ routing? And if so, why?

How many people have done this without realizing it?

I'll say it again, all good feeling, brotherhood, and peace on Earth a given - don't lend out your gear, ever.

those people that want to route the organ to an external vent box or leslie perhaps?

it’s not an unusual thing to do
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 17 Aug 2021, 13:15

cgrafx wrote:
Gambold wrote:>either because he is well aware of what he did and expects others to know the same routines, or he simple changed something without realizing it).<

those people that want to route the organ to an external vent box or leslie perhaps?

it’s not an unusual thing to do

Right. Nord doesn't build in obscure options that almost nobody would use... their philosophy is to provide relatively few options, but the ones they think are most often needed. If the feature is there, there are probably lots of people who would make use of it. So the "why" is not a mystery. (And if that's indeed the source of his issue, the organ routing was not "shut off but merely moved to one side, which would make it in audible if you happened to connect in mono out of the other side... and again, this assumes that he always plays piano from the Lower and organ from the Upper sections, for such a routing to leave all pianos working but organs not.)
anotherscott

Postby Schorsch » 17 Aug 2021, 14:23

I think it’s useless to discuss the potential causes any further since the OP seems not to be interested at all into it anymore or there is another (hopefully no bad) reason why he joined this forum on Aug 13, started this thread the same day and made his last visit also on that same day.

Better to continue talking about whether or not to lend gear to someone else :twisted:
Last edited by Schorsch on 17 Aug 2021, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
Spider
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby FZiegler » 17 Aug 2021, 20:20

In any case, I was reminded of really saving a full backup if giving my instrument into some other's hands - with or without my eyes on his/her fingers.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Gambold » 18 Aug 2021, 00:38

>those people that want to route the organ to an external vent box or leslie perhaps?<

So...this band was trucking around their own Leslie but still needed to borrow someone's 20-pound keyboard?
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Gambold

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby cgrafx » 18 Aug 2021, 01:10

Gambold wrote:>those people that want to route the organ to an external vent box or leslie perhaps?<

So...this band was trucking around their own Leslie but still needed to borrow someone's 20-pound keyboard?

a vent box fits in a bag. as well as other peddles that people also often use.

clearly there was a reason to adjust the setting for some reason.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Postby JayDee » 18 Aug 2021, 01:39

Gambold, I wonder if you might consider loaning me your keyboard. I'm reliable. Visit the local pawnshop every Saturday morning at 10.
JayDee

Postby anotherscott » 18 Aug 2021, 14:52

cgrafx wrote:
Gambold wrote:>those people that want to route the organ to an external vent box or leslie perhaps?<

a vent box fits in a bag. as well as other peddles that people also often use.

clearly there was a reason to adjust the setting for some reason.

There are also other reasons to use Upper/Lower "dual mono" routing, it's not just to put a Leslie or alternate pedal on your organ sounds. Another possibility is that you might want to send a lower "left hand bass" sound to its own channel in the mixer (or its own amp).

The point is, there's a reason the dual mono split feature exists... one should not be hard-pressed to see why anyone would want to use a feature that Nord obviously built in because they foresaw that people might want to use it. We don't know that that's what happened in this case, but if someone DID alter the output routing, there are certainly reasons why one might want to, there's a reason the feature exists.
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum