Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 5D 16' drawbar not responding

Postby nateholt75 » 04 Aug 2021, 17:48

I'm continuing to look wherever I can but I'm only seeing short threads without any resolutions so far, so thought it would be worth posting here. Last night at rehearsal I noticed that my 16' drawbar had stopped responding - does not affect tone or reflect in the LED. Doesn't change with presets, Live or when using Farf or Vox models. I have one Preset and Live setting where it is all the way down/closed, and another where it is all the way open, so I can sort of work around it though obviously not ideal. All the others work normally. Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix (I hope there's one!)? It's my workhorse but well taken care of, always cased when transporting etc etc. I do use the drawbars quite often and am hoping it's some sort of hardware component that can be ordered/replaced. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
nateholt75

Electro 5D 16' drawbar not responding

Sponsor

Re: Electro 5D 16' drawbar not responding

Postby nateholt75 » 06 Aug 2021, 16:45

I submitted a support ticket that was answered by American Music and Sound. They requested a video of the issue and advised a couple of local repair shops (1 I know is no longer in business) or that I could send it to their central service center (guessing in CA). I asked if they had any idea what the issue was and they said likely just a bad pot. I know a couple of people who are experienced with electronics repair so I plan to have them look at it first. Guessing by the lack of response this type of issue is rare...
Last edited by nateholt75 on 06 Aug 2021, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
nateholt75

Return to Nord Electro Forum