Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: Nord Sample Editor Issues / Wish List

Postby Chirorush4 » 27 Jul 2021, 15:43

Go to My Keys To Music on YouTube with Marc Larochelle. He has videos on how to program Lyle Mays synth sound and Tony Banks Arp Pro Soloist sounds.
Chirorush4

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Nord Sample Editor Issues: Wrong Pitch?

Postby klausnich » 26 Jan 2022, 09:22

Hi,
I found a nice childrens piano and recorded the single tone-scale as it is adviced.
Unfortunately all tones are a little bit misstuned so the auto-assign doesn’t work good so I have to reassign almost every note. Now here comes the strange thing:
The notes on my electro 6 are pitched about a semitone down from them in the sample-editor, when I compare after upload. I did no pitch correction in the sw.
How can the notes played exactly as they are recorded?
klausnich

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: Nord Sample Editor Issues: Wrong Pitch?

Postby maxpiano » 26 Jan 2022, 10:00

klausnich wrote:Hi,
I found a nice childrens piano and recorded the single tone-scale as it is adviced.
Unfortunately all tones are a little bit misstuned so the auto-assign doesn’t work good so I have to reassign almost every note. Now here comes the strange thing:
The notes on my electro 6 are pitched about a semitone down from them in the sample-editor, when I compare after upload. I did no pitch correction in the sw.

Hi, excluding you have accidentally activated Transpose on the NE6, I'd recheck (or redo manually) the notes/samples assignment in the NSE.
Last edited by maxpiano on 26 Jan 2022, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby eisblau » 07 Dec 2022, 00:06

If I select all samples at oncein Nord Sample Editor 4, I can adjust the loop points for all, but not a start point for all. Is this a bug or did I miss some extra setting?
Nord Gear: Nord Rack 1, Nord Wave, Nord Lead 3 KB, Nord Modular G2 + G2X, Nord Lead 4r (x2)
eisblau

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Re: Nord Sample Editor Issues: Wrong Pitch?

Postby cgrafx » 07 Dec 2022, 01:16

klausnich wrote:Hi,

Auto assign is not based on the frequency of the sample its based on the name of the sample. Make sure the name of each sample is a match for the the key and the auto assign should work without problem.
Last edited by cgrafx on 07 Dec 2022, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby eisblau » 12 Dec 2022, 02:13

Hi again, sorry, maybe I was not expressing myself the correct way, but I have a very basic question regarding the Nord Sample Editor. There is this function to select all samples at once to set - for example - the same loop points on all samples in one go. But when I select all samples and I want to set a start point collectively, it only works on one sample at once, resulting in painstaking manual start point editing for every sample. Is this a bug or a user error?
Nord Gear: Nord Rack 1, Nord Wave, Nord Lead 3 KB, Nord Modular G2 + G2X, Nord Lead 4r (x2)
eisblau

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby JeffLearman » 27 Apr 2023, 17:55

First, let me start by saying how impressed I was, the first time running NSE to load a sample set into my Electro 6. Loaded all the files and it very quickly and accurately built the map. I'm a software engineer and have written code to do this myself, so I have an idea what's involved and an appreciation for the quality of the software.

I have these requests:

1) VELOCITY LAYERS!!!!!! Yeah, it complicates the GUI, but it's really important. I realize it's a big request, but it's been consistently requested for over 10 years now -- and for good reason!

2) Ability to send to the keyboard one changed sample, or just changed sample parameters, rather than having to upload the whole sample set. For sample sets that aren't even particularly big, this takes over a minute. I had to do this in order to tune my custom samples with an existing Nord sound that I layer it with. (Of course, I wouldn't need to do that if we had velocity layers ... but still it would be very helpful.)

3) SOME control over the default velocity-based filter. Even a choice of "none, a little, more, the most" like we have for volume dynamics (on the Nord panel) would be good. In my case, I want amplitude adjustment but not filter adjustment (because that's how this instrument actually works -- on a Rhodes that is set up for lots of "bell" tone, you hear that MOST when striking lightly, not LEAST. No filter adjustment for velocity would be fine, though.)

UPDATE: #3 is already implemented, almost. I can uncheck ENABLE for DYNAMICS. When the sampleset is transferred to the Nord, it'll turn off dynamics on the panel. I can then just change it to the setting I like, and it doesn't affect the filter. So, we at least have an on/off control on the filter, and just have to remember to reset the dynamic level after uploading.
Last edited by JeffLearman on 27 Apr 2023, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
JeffLearman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby JeffLearman » 27 Apr 2023, 18:00

eisblau wrote:Hi again, sorry, maybe I was not expressing myself the correct way, but I have a very basic question regarding the Nord Sample Editor. There is this function to select all samples at once to set - for example - the same loop points on all samples in one go. But when I select all samples and I want to set a start point collectively, it only works on one sample at once, resulting in painstaking manual start point editing for every sample. Is this a bug or a user error?

That's tricky, because when adjusting the loop, it needs a specific sample to play as you audition how the loop point sounds. If you "select all" it doesn't know which one to use, and it can't use more than one. (Well, it could, but would you want it to play all samples?)

There is a workaround. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the project file is a text file. Loop one sample, see the change that makes to the project file, and then copy that information to the other samples.

PS: I see that I didn't read carefully -- you CAN set the loop points, just not the start. But the same workaround should apply.
Last edited by JeffLearman on 27 Apr 2023, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
JeffLearman

Postby Mr_-G- » 27 Apr 2023, 18:03

How often do multiple samples have exactly the same loop point?
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby JeffLearman » 27 Apr 2023, 18:30

Mr_-G- wrote:How often do multiple samples have exactly the same loop point?

Never that I have seen. I wondered about that too. My guess is that it would work only if the wave files were generated rather than recorded.
JeffLearman

PreviousNext

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)