General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nachfolgemodell von NS 3

Postby cphollis » 25 Jul 2021, 16:57

Maybe it's a complete lack of imagination on my part, but I'm not sure what a linear extension of the Stage 3 would look like? Sure, maybe more memory, larger screen, some nice new effects, etc. -- but, architecturally, how might it be different?

It looks like they're prepping for multi-layer samples in the non-piano section, which also entails a huge effort to create the actual multi-layer samples. There might be some additional need for envelopes and control gestures over the newer multi-samples. Maybe 4 sample engines?

While we're at it, we could perhaps use an B3 organ engine upgrade. The gap between NS3 organs and best-of-class is starting to grow again.

The "EX" tends to be more of the same: memory, etc.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

Postby FZiegler » 25 Jul 2021, 19:23

cphollis wrote:The "EX" tends to be more of the same: memory, etc.

.. and I can't remember someone seriously complaining about lack of memory on the Stage 3. Although some were unsatisfied. I'd maybe imagine some more polyphony in the synth section for an EX. But don't believe in it, either.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum